Keep getting blocked as a SG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep getting blocked as a SG

When I'm playing my SG, i keep getting blocked when taking 3s and I have trouble sinking 3pters even though I have 213 points into 3 point shots. Any tips on imnproving?

Oh you didn't know? The GMs didn't nerf the PFs 3 point shot, the only thing they did was nerf SGs PGs and SF's 3 pointers.

As for getting blocked lmfao... Just don't get blocked idk what else to tell ya pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Oh you didn't know? The GMs didn't nerf the PFs 3 point shot, the only thing they did was nerf SGs PGs and SF's 3 pointers.

As for getting blocked lmfao... Just don't get blocked idk what else to tell ya pal.
      is it probably because my SG is the shortest one at 168cm?

Comment

my SG is 168 and when i only get block my PFs most of the time. But when i play carefully most pg and sf doesnt really block me but just try to contest my shot making my shot % lower

Comment

if theres a defender in front of you... you shouldnt be shooting that facial to get blocked... if theres not, its a good shot that should be taken for an open 2/3 pter

Comment

yo i got you, When shooting , the shooting gauge matters when u hit the green or the yellow on the shot bar , when you are shooting on the TOP of the ARC u aim for nuthing but green on the shot bar/ on the sides of the arc u aim for yellow or in the middle of yellow and green/ NOTEE ON SOME CASES ther will be times when u dont need to charge the gauge at all for example when a defender is coming at u , u wont have time to charge all the way up,
            Example: http://i.imgur.com/dZaSaWo.jpg
            hopes this helps and good luck
            more proof sgs can shoot at low lvls didnt put ny stats on my sg
            http://i.imgur.com/TSQ3Yux.jpg
            and here is the percent i make shots
            http://i.imgur.com/APFVwGm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mf1sWfk.jpg run this build if u just one to flat out score on 2s and on 3s / if your running with a good team chances u are gonna do dash so put Away screen move bonus , kill pass and non stop , since you will be putting alot of attention on to ur self so having kill pass and nonstop pass to pass to open teammates is pretty crucial. This is my style of playing , u can pick and choose what to take out from here and make your skill tree , good luck hope this helps

Comment

IGHT TO AVOID GETTING BLKED BY PF'S AND C'S OR AT least to help improve on getttin blkd less , KK here we go , when shooting a 3 u gotta keep in mind is whos guarding you are u open enough to take the shot do u have sp range on, SOOO breaking down the Pf blockin you first SINCE THEY ARE BROKEN, When a Pf comes to try to blk you and they are running towards you to get the block best thing in that situation is to fake , cause they are going to be so worried on you making that 3 , so fake and move and shoot it tada ^o^ ez right ? , BUTTTTTTTT this also depends on pf u are facing cause there are pfs who dont jump for anything they are just der to make you not shoot , so in that casseee u gotta be daring and trust ur teammates they get the reb, OKAYY IFF a PF IS GUARDING YOU THE WHOLEEE GAME OR they switch on to you its EZZ , JUST DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE to the basket , cause most pfs cant keep up with sgs or any scoring postion really and once u think u drove enough u will notice they will start to sag off on you and wait for you to drive , so if ur a sf or a sg u can use ur back step or backroll with EASE , IF UR SAG OFF UR SWAGS OFF- Chris Smoove / SO on PGS GUARDING YOU, ITS GOING TO BE A HEADACHE WHEN THEY GUARD YOU CAUSE OF THE STEAL GOD LIKE POWERS THEY HAVE BUT U CAN USE THIS TO UR ADVANTAGE, mwuahahahah >;D! ok so once u do a back roll most pgs are going to attempt to steal the ball everry time you back roll, so if u can notice this in game and they never seem to jump but they are fkn being savages for that steal just shooot it , cause they are going to increase ur shot success and u know that means right SHOT SUCCESS = $$$$ MONEY IN YO POCKET (not literally) but its a good shot * NOTE ther are some smart ass pgs out there so be careful when trying to use this tactic , OKAYYYYYYYY ON TO SFS GUARDING YOU , its pretty ez to shake them and fool em like pfs, so i would suggest just do a mix of 2s and 3s taking and do a lil driving here and there knaw mean ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) , And for sgs Pretty much same thing , but since they are playing sg they know u are going to be stuck to 3 so BE BRAVE AND GO OUT and Take Mid shots and drive in and throw them off on Defense, and Cs wont guard you most of the time so its pretty ez just fake on them and they will jump everytime, IGHT HOPE THIS HELPS YO ^-^/ NOTE* DONT BE AFRAID TO TAKE MIDS AND DRIVE IN TTHE BASKET YO, MANY SGS FALL VICTIM TO JUST TAKING 3s CAUSE THEY THINK THATS JUST THER JOB, NOOOO , Be Diverse in your game like for instance 50% of my points makin is done in the paint , 30% are mids and 20% are 3pts , so dont be just the so called basic sg on this game and shoot 3s , "He/She who adapts to changes the best will always come out on top" - Pyxi ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °), Also Being a scorer takes alot of mind games and new ways to score and trying to be 3-4 steps ahead ,make em play ur game and ALWAYS Analyze how ppl are defending you , these are just somethings i noticed while trying to score, HOPE THIS HELPS YO, GOOD LUCK
              Last edited by Pyxi; 04-15-2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

thats smart...im gonna start doing that..thx

Comment

Working...
                X