No announcement yet.

The overpriced Pay2Play aspect is killing the population and the game #HakuRant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The overpriced Pay2Play aspect is killing the population and the game #HakuRant

Ill start off and say this is not the generic "p2w whining thread",i think it describes the worst problem of the game.
    im playing this game for about 1.5-2 years while also playing the beta for alittle while and then stopped,
    ive played fs1 from the beginning of it awhile back like 8+ years ago if i can recall,way before gamekiss even exist
    i moved on years later to the russian fs1 and had alot of fun aswell,ive been playing the freestyle title for years and extremely loved it.
    ill go ahead and say i also have a great deck on my pg that can compete with any other deck out there.

Fs2 has a very high experimental experience at its design,the cards system is really interesting and you can spend years just experimenting playstyles.
    problem comes when you cant actually do it,
    instead of people choosing cards to fit their own style,what basically happens is people forced to fit their style according to the deck the RNG gods blessed them with.
    people cant experiment new playstyle,people cant even attempt to play existing ones.

I wanted to try Swing drift shot sf and pillar pf for alotof time now those 2 playstyles dont see any serious play(EU),but i dont have 600$ to put on the game to even try to,
    theres not even an option i literally dont have the money.
    how can the game evolve if people cant try new things?how can the game evolve if people know they cant even compete without dropping 300$ at the bare minimum.

ok you know whatever leave those playstyles, i cant even attempt to play the existing ones,i cant dash without sp5 i cant even attempt to iso without long range cards(which my pg dont have btw)
    so im forced to play my pg with his supportive cards without having any diversity whatsoever.
    dasher quit sg due to not having sp5,people quit before even digging into the game because they see the insane overpriced aspect of the game and thats after dealing with a game breaking ping issues that are unavoidable when it comes to freestyle2,

higher population is extremely important for the game to evolve both and the players skill level and the the general experience (tournaments being bigger,more crews,more players to team up with,more fun),theres no need to be a genious to understand this is preventing the population from growing.
    i find myself not having players i like to play with online at a given time and i just go out,eh its sad.

it was not like that in fs1,its one thing to make the game p2w and its one thing to price decks for about 300$ at the avr. i believe.
    just imagine how our servers would have looked like if we could have bought a specific deck for about 20-30$(which is a very high cost,just for comaprison you can buy overwatch for 40$ if im not wrong ) and a permanent att changer,we woulda have so much diversity and so much fun ourselves just experimenting new stuff.
    i dont mind the game having micro transaction im angry about the unacceptable prices,

Since when do you have to be rich to fully experience playing the freestyle title?

i know nothing gonna change yet i had to share me toughts,eu at the moment is half dead and the worst ive ever seen it since i started to play,
    3 to 4 pages of teams at the evening?a server that is stuck in its place when it comes to improvement at the game and vetteran players just quit because of the current game state(and alot of them)

i dont even know who am i addressing with this post seriously,anyway freestyle will be nostalgic and awasom for me forever

Hakuna Matata

Peace
    Last edited by Hakuchumu; 10-20-2016, 06:58 PM.

P2W format is everywhere. Sadly it will get worse and worse as many games are adopting this format. Even 2K has adopted the f2p format, even though their game costs 60 dollars. Black desert has done it, In game cash shops are the way of the future. I don't blame the companies for implementing them. I blame the players for dropping thousands of dollars, while disagreeing with it. Things like this wont change because people dont like them. Gaming companies arent about what people want. Theyre about income, and this format provides A LOT of income. As long as theyre making money, they will keep the format. In a few years, all big games will be using this format, because it works. This is why i don't purchase RNG things on any games anymore. I only buy things that i get when i spend my money. No more dropping hundreds, and thousands of dollars for the hope of getting what i want. At the end of the day population doesn't matter if you're still making bank.

Things like this would never work in real life, or when buying actual things, because people would riot. If i wanted to buy a new bracelet, and i went to spend 200 dollars on it. Then they walked me over to a spinning wheel which told me if id get a bracelet or a lollipop The company would go under because no one would go there. Sadly gamers are different. They do not stand up to companies formatting their games in a way that says screw you guys, give me as much money as you can. Instead they spend as much money as they can, and complain about it. Then go back and spend some more money. So in closing i'd just like to say its not the companies fault for formatting their game this way. Its the players fault for allowing it to be profitable. That being said, this will never change. This format will always exist. Because, people simply can not help themselves.

VIDEO GAMES WOOO

PS:
    ​What a wonderful phrase, it means no worries for the rest of our days, its our problem freeeeee philosophyyyy hakuna matataaaaaa
    Last edited by SlipNSlide; 10-20-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Pay 2 win is mainstream of the game now, it's acceptable.
      But GK please make higher chance to get pro cards in card ball, items from item ball, capsule. My friend spent over $800 in his new accounts and get only one SP4 for PF and war of court for PG, and get only point balls/points from capsule for spending $40 over it. That's too bad.
      And make the card sub-attribute changer in shop again or permanent. Without longlayup range, iso or swing is not powerful. Without 3pts success, Pg can't even make open 3pts well. People spent a lot to get a card deck, don't ask them to spent triple to get the cards they want. Otherwise they will quit.

Comment

Nt slip,

Milks told me you got that new fire FS shot.

SlipNSlide

Comment

Most popular games in the world has nothing to do with p2w. CS:GO LoL Dota Overwatch?(not sure bout this one)

Comment

One point I want to make: if I had money to spend on this game, I would be angry like you Slip that you don't get to choose your bracelet as you say and have to spin a wheel. But for the players who are not so well off right now, this actually keeps the game fair, because people with a little bit of money can't get that big of an advantage.

Iso can be done without any cards, there's no way to stop it every time if you are a small defender. If a PF/high block char guards you, you could pass to your teammate and target the small defender (does anyone actually want to play as a team, no!).
            The first dash team that ever won the tournament Knocksteady didn't win with insane cards and face 3's, they actually got open.

95 pct of the players on this game don't want to work as a team, they want kobe o stats and lebron d stats and think they should win the game easily because of that. Doesn't even matter how good your stats are if you can't work together you're never going to win a tournament.

Oh and something else, if you play the game long enough just for pure joy of the game you will end up with at least a decent card or 2. Play long enough and you'll get some 3 pt cards, or floater or success or block. You might not have the maximum perfect number, but you can surely compete because this game is more than just your stats.

My simple point is this: no one wants to spend time in the game anymore. They don't want to practice their own blocks. They don't want to practice exactly when and how to double team. They don't want to practice team offensive plays where every person has to be on the same page. They just want the best card and think that will get them a win, life isn't that simple.

​Get back up soldiers.
            Last edited by soldier king; 10-21-2016, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Every one of your paragraphs are filled with flawless logic please spare us and say "go on"

Comment

KobeBlaise you'd be wrong. I don't have that.

soldier king I'm not mad, Hakuna Matata was angry. I'm just sharing my thoughts on it. I was mad like a year ago before i gave up on card balls.

Comment

retro i do my best to make these people stop feeling sorry for themselves and find solutions, that's truly what life is about, overcoming your obstacles. please reread everything I wrote if you're looking for answers . All glory to God!

go on.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipNSlide View Post
                    P2W format is everywhere. Sadly it will get worse and worse as many games are adopting this format. Even 2K has adopted the f2p format, even though their game costs 60 dollars. Black desert has done it, In game cash shops are the way of the future. I don't blame the companies for implementing them. I blame the players for dropping thousands of dollars, while disagreeing with it. Things like this wont change because people dont like them. Gaming companies arent about what people want. Theyre about income, and this format provides A LOT of income. As long as theyre making money, they will keep the format. In a few years, all big games will be using this format, because it works. This is why i don't purchase RNG things on any games anymore. I only buy things that i get when i spend my money. No more dropping hundreds, and thousands of dollars for the hope of getting what i want. At the end of the day population doesn't matter if you're still making bank.

Things like this would never work in real life, or when buying actual things, because people would riot. If i wanted to buy a new bracelet, and i went to spend 200 dollars on it. Then they walked me over to a spinning wheel which told me if id get a bracelet or a lollipop The company would go under because no one would go there. Sadly gamers are different. They do not stand up to companies formatting their games in a way that says screw you guys, give me as much money as you can. Instead they spend as much money as they can, and complain about it. Then go back and spend some more money. So in closing i'd just like to say its not the companies fault for formatting their game this way. Its the players fault for allowing it to be profitable. That being said, this will never change. This format will always exist. Because, people simply can not help themselves.

VIDEO GAMES WOOO

PS:
                    ​What a wonderful phrase, it means no worries for the rest of our days, its our problem freeeeee philosophyyyy hakuna matataaaaaa
                    Yeah i basically agree with everything,its a huge problem if the people in charge has no love for the game whatsoever
                    there are still games out there like Paladins where the developers try their best to make the game great.

yet ill say again i accept mini transactions,not every game can be league but the price to get a certain deck is beyond absurd for any other game out there,
                    i actually think thats the most overpriced thing ive ever seen in a video game,make decks cost 10$-30$ and they will be super pricey and even then it wont be nearly as bad as it is now.
                    but yeah as long as people buy...
                    when the developers mind set is " income">"quality of the game and population"
                    game has no chance to survive,the developers should be the first to believe in their game,and i wont even get into the fact that usually making the game better will result in a better income(just look at what league become,paladins has over 100K players and its entirely f2p)
                    but people like to look for the short term revenues and not for the long term,i still believe fs2 has a huge potential when it comes to lan tours,its a fun game to watch on twitch the game are short and somewhat fast paced,sadly i feel like its in the wrong hands,if brawlhalla can be successful fs2 can be too.

Originally posted by Sharkira View Post
                    Pay 2 win is mainstream of the game now, it's acceptable.
                    But GK please make higher chance to get pro cards in card ball, items from item ball, capsule. My friend spent over $800 in his new accounts and get only one SP4 for PF and war of court for PG, and get only point balls/points from capsule for spending $40 over it. That's too bad.
                    And make the card sub-attribute changer in shop again or permanent. Without longlayup range, iso or swing is not powerful. Without 3pts success, Pg can't even make open 3pts well. People spent a lot to get a card deck, don't ask them to spent triple to get the cards they want. Otherwise they will quit.
                    people quitting due to not having decks is a real thing,nothing more frustrating then dashing without sp5 and just being in a huge dissadvantage because you dont have 300$ at the bare minimum to put on the game,your friend shouldnt have attempted to buy them in the first place.
                    and yeah as i said i accept the p2w aspect i dont accept the price.

Originally posted by soldier king View Post
                    One point I want to make: if I had money to spend on this game, I would be angry like you Slip that you don't get to choose your bracelet as you say and have to spin a wheel. But for the players who are not so well off right now, this actually keeps the game fair, because people with a little bit of money can't get that big of an advantage.

Iso can be done without any cards, there's no way to stop it every time if you are a small defender. If a PF/high block char guards you, you could pass to your teammate and target the small defender (does anyone actually want to play as a team, no!).
                    The first dash team that ever won the tournament Knocksteady didn't win with insane cards and face 3's, they actually got open.

95 pct of the players on this game don't want to work as a team, they want kobe o stats and lebron d stats and think they should win the game easily because of that. Doesn't even matter how good your stats are if you can't work together you're never going to win a tournament.

Oh and something else, if you play the game long enough just for pure joy of the game you will end up with at least a decent card or 2. Play long enough and you'll get some 3 pt cards, or floater or success or block. You might not have the maximum perfect number, but you can surely compete because this game is more than just your stats.

My simple point is this: no one wants to spend time in the game anymore. They don't want to practice their own blocks. They don't want to practice exactly when and how to double team. They don't want to practice team offensive plays where every person has to be on the same page. They just want the best card and think that will get them a win, life isn't that simple.

​Get back up soldiers.
                    there are enough people who spend money for decks in our game,the tournaments are full with players that has great decks(im have one aswell,so im not biased)
                    saying the game is more fair because even people with alot of money dont wanna buy decks is pretty funny,its not fair at all,put it in a fair price so people that are not so well off right now like me can work alittle bit more at work and buy a nice deck to have fun with.

and what you are saying is supporting what i said,i dont wanna play iso i wanna play pillar pf and i cant do it,what you are basically saying is just play iso because thats your only option and thats not freestyle at all,
                    and you cant say decks are not huge in our game,if you want to be competent with a certain playstyle you need cards,i can also go ahead and say you dont need sp5 to dash but we all know you do need it and thats the minimum you need,you potentially want good sub atts too.
                    and even if you can win a tour cardless its still not fun to play at a dissadvantage all the time,specially if its just because of money,
                    game should reward players for being skilled and for putting time into the game not for having money.
                    and you need max long range to iso,youre not playing against dummies you are playing against players good enough to take advantage of you not having max range(specially if they have 230+ block)
                    teamworking is a different issue,if you want a bigger and better quality community you need to have a good enough game so people will not quit.
                    inorder to practice you need good community to play against,dont know about NA but im sure every EU player will agree that 95% of the games are really boring,there are maximum 3-4 good teams at a said time,and that hurts the new people aswell because they dont have people to learn from,players usually come 2 weeks before a tour and get lost afterwards.
                    in a beatiful fs2 world you would have a 50 lvl channel that is full,alot of crew and alot of new tactics and ideas
                    we have like 2crews in EU thats redicilous and im pretty positive eu is half dead atm.
                    practicing became just a hard thing in general because the game just going backwards in development.

Originally posted by SlipNSlide View Post
                    KobeBlaise you'd be wrong. I don't have that.

soldier king I'm not mad, Hakuna Matata was angry. I'm just sharing my thoughts on it. I was mad like a year ago before i gave up on card balls.

its kinda sad for me to see this game sinks because of money,i hate that everything is about money.
                    maybe using the phrase angry was a bad call on my side because im not really,im living by the hakuna matata after all
                    Last edited by Hakuchumu; 10-21-2016, 07:13 AM.

Comment

"The first dash team that ever won the tournament Knocksteady didn't win with insane cards and face 3's, they actually got open."

you chose to ignore that and only made it seem like Iso is the only offense I talk about. You can do any offense without great cards, your pct will be lower but you can do it, and if you play long enough you will get some cards was my point.

Not everyone in the tournament has great cards (2/3 players in last finals had no sp deck, they beat everyone that did have great stats by actual skill), a lot of the top players do though I will agree with you, but you can beat them with practice and team play.

And you crying about teamwork isn't really real, like your saying players aren't enthusiastic about it and you need set crew to already teach you. Why don't you make your own crew and teach the other players yourself why does everything have to be done for you. f1 f2 f3 f4, each of those are set plays (listed on the right) that you can use on offense and defense and only your team can read. Why can't you give a meaning to each one and make at least 4 (more if you combine them) plays on each side of the ball to score and defend?

Offense styles and defense styles repeat themselves and the chess masters of this game that become champions have ways of moving all 3 pieces to confuse and manipulate the offense or the defense.

I'll even give you an example I use to stop heavy pumpfakers: press f3 (switch) on the defensive end before the start of the play. It's meant to be used when the defender pumps and walks. The main defender jumps quickly for the first shot in case he shoots and his backup switches and blocks the 2nd. This way you give up no 3 and can take a chance on a turnover and avoiding face shots which can still go in if when you're close if you don't jump. Add 2 more pump defense calls and you can cover all possibilities and mix things up and confuse the shooter who tries to figure out what time you will jump.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
                      Last edited by soldier king; 10-21-2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soldier king View Post
                        "The first dash team that ever won the tournament Knocksteady didn't win with insane cards and face 3's, they actually got open."

you chose to ignore that and only made it seem like Iso is the only offense I talk about. You can do any offense without great cards, your pct will be lower but you can do it, and if you play long enough you will get some cards was my point.

Not everyone in the tournament has great cards (2/3 players in last finals had no sp deck, they beat everyone that did have great stats by actual skill), a lot of the top players do though I will agree with you, but you can beat them with practice and team play.

And you crying about teamwork isn't really real, like your saying players aren't enthusiastic about it and you need set crew to already teach you. Why don't you make your own crew and teach the other players yourself why does everything have to be done for you. f1 f2 f3 f4, each of those are set plays (listed on the right) that you can use on offense and defense and only your team can read. Why can't you give a meaning to each one and make at least 4 (more if you combine them) plays on each side of the ball to score and defend?

Offense styles and defense styles repeat themselves and the chess masters of this game that become champions have ways of moving all 3 pieces to confuse and manipulate the offense or the defense.

I'll even give you an example I use to stop heavy pumpfakers: press f3 (switch) on the defensive end before the start of the play. It's meant to be used when the defender pumps and walks. The main defender jumps quickly for the first shot in case he shoots and his backup switches and blocks the 2nd. This way you give up no 3 and can take a chance on a turnover and avoiding face shots which can still go in if when you're close if you don't jump. Add 2 more pump defense calls and you can cover all possibilities and mix things up and confuse the shooter who tries to figure out what time you will jump.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
                        you miss the purpose of my topic entirely

"your pct will be lower"

listen seriously talking in theory is always easy,in theory you can play dash sg with sp2 and always get open and shoot only open shots yeah...that will never happen against good opponents.
                        look i understand what you are saying you are basically in a mindset of "be so good that even with the disadvantage that you have you will still be better" but unlike the disadvantage of ping which i accept,why would a certain person be at such a big disadvantage?because he cant pay 300$?this is unacceptable and thats the purpose of the topic which you completley choose to ignore yourself
                        and it affects the population the most,i know good enough how much players gets frustrated because of the prices you need to pay,some like me keep playing regardless,and some will quit(alot of them) not everyone likes to play with a disadvantage that has nothing to do with anything but your wallet,this unfun mechanic is keeping players away from the game.

the part of teamwork is brought by you so i dont know why the hell you tell me im crying for,youre the one crying about people not teamworking i have no complaints for the players im playing with.

KS won a tour and that has nothing to do with my topic again,even if you are an insane player playing dash without decent cards,you will always be proned to an sg not even playing better than you but he is still good enough to compete and he will outcard you to victory because he has a pct advantage,or you are claiming to have no competition at all? that you can destory everyone regardless of cards?maybe you can outreb everyone with 100 ping aswell? .
                        its very fun to play better and lose because you are unoptimized and you are playing from behind all the time,the game is about fun afterall sir and again im talking as a player that have a great competitive deck,im just concered about the others that were not so furtunate,i was in their place aswell.

I feel for those players who want to play a certain way but they cant because they dont have the right cards to do so,they wanna make things the way they want to and play the way they want to play,
                        also saying you can play all playstyles competent without optimized cards is all talk.
                        i wanna see you playing iso with short layup range against a good enough pf,you can keep denying the importance of the card system on the game but it wont make it any real.
                        do you know that if you have short layup on the iso the pf can purely react to your layups\jumpers?
                        do you know that if you play flyoop without long range the big can both be in place to block the floater and the ally?
                        game creators made the cards system very important for the game and its part of its core,having to pay 300$ for a said card deck creates an unhealthy game design that keeps away players,and thats what my topic is about.
                        and im not even mentioning how much of the game you are missing if you dont have cards to experiment with.

Last edited by Hakuchumu; 10-21-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Somewhere in this thread of essays i read 2k is pay to win. LOL? 2K is NOT pay to win that's just false... In mypark you could play with a 22 overall character and cook people. Shit its even easier in Pro-AM. 2k just takes skill. Not using 3 cards with +12 3pt Success and chucking shots in people's faces after a screen.

Comment

the problem with you Haku is that you don't actually read what I say.

I said if a pf guards you, YOU TARGET THE SMALL defender. See there's always a way. But egos and people not wanting to work together gets in the way.

Why am I targeting your teamwork? BECAUSE IT'S WEAK. If you actually worked with your teammates together you could beat higher stat players, if you play their game YES you will lose, you have to play YOUR OWN WAY and surpass them with teamwork and hard work in your own skill.

You don't have to be 100 pct wide open to score even without great cards. 1 normal mid success card on a sf and you could pumpfake all day and shoot mids in their face that go in if they don't jump. You don't even need a sp deck for that.

You read what I said, it would be a lower pct if you don't have great cards but you can still win if you use your WHOLE TEAM and work together in ways the other team won't.

Comment

niggas stay making these threads
                              2k is balanced af too , only part where its play to win is in MyTeam (to buy certain packs nigga) -- and if you play my team then there u go

Comment

Working...
                              X