Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why this tourney loss moved me one step closer to becoming the literal G.O.A.T. of FS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this tourney loss moved me one step closer to becoming the literal G.O.A.T. of FS

First and foremost this thread isn't coming out of arrogance. Although I'm sure some people will take it that way, because it is a pretty extreme claim. With that being said, first of all congrats to Intoxicated. Wyh isn't clean so it probably comes with an asterisk, but he's nowhere near Cookie or "Pretend to be good" level. I count it tbh, the only rings I consider completely void are the Knocksteady team of Franz/Karl/Proto (32 team) and the Velocity team of Pretend/other 2 PFs (mini tourney).

I want to thank all 4 of my teammates. They all had a role, and they all exceeded that role. I'm old school so I do somewhat feel like you either win the tournament or you didn't, but we still had a very impressive run. After months of trash talk from Fixt, I finally responded 1 week before the game and told him that if he beat me I would delete my SF. Then we completely ended his career in the first round in a highly anticipated (although slightly disappointing) 'DBLL vs Fixt' matchup. We didn't get upset by the Furon (Muu?) dash team in the second round despite a bad start: being down 6 to 12. We then gave Cookie his only clean L of the entire tournament, before getting double digit avoid blocks from Milks in 3 games (and all other things considered) finally squeezing by us.

(SMF rightfully banned, and redo follows)

No offense to Rival, but that was a massacre. We won like 3 or 4 times in a best of 3 series, all essentially blowouts. Then a best of 3 with pce crew (basically my seceded former crew). I don't know how you were allowed to completely switch your lineup and get a C in there specifically for me, but I told GMs it was their call. That's not my call to make, and they told me to play it. 2-0, close series but I think experience played the biggest part here.

Now before I get onto the Finals, I want to applaud the GM team. There's still problems in FS2 sure. But all the 'low settings' cats still out there and still no NA central server move (and lots of bugs need to be fixed) aside, they made a huge call to do this tournament redo. And GM Dime did an unbelievable job in hosting it. Four rounds in one night (including bronze), and everything ran very smoothly (no offense to other GMs of course, but can NA server have GM Dime every tourney ). We had some other minor issues before the night of the redo, and GMs were very understanding and responded to me asap. All things considered, GMs really deserve a lot of credit here overall. Like I said FS2 still has issues that need to be fixed asap, but this was greeeeeat progress.

(nice tourney summary and all but what about the title of this thread?...)

I get it, that I lost. But this is the second Best of 5 tournament finals that I've been in that I started off down 0-2 and forced a game 5 (won the first one, and also had a 5-game finals in a mini tournament as well). As far as I know, dUP is the only crew to do that once let alone twice. I'll touch up more on that in the next paragraph. With the most ideal lineup to guard me (PG/PF/C), I scored a single-game tournament Finals record 49 points, and held a 31.6 ppg tournament Finals record scoring average over the course of 5 Finals games. That was the debut of me playing an entirely different position that I was used to for nearly 3 years (PG, now a SF), on a small ball East team (Art and Kobe did phenomenal. The Finals series is on my YT channel).

(cute stats but that makes you the "G.O.A.T."?)

This game is a little harsh for newer players to come in and stick around long enough to compete at a high level (if you think about it, most e-sports are though). For this game to be successful and grow, tournaments is where it has to happen. That's where newer players are gonna watch and think I want to be there one day. I don't care if you love me or hate me, but basically every single tournament I've been in whenever it's my team vs another good team; that's automatically one of (if not the) must-watch match of that round. I've proven countless times now that if it's a single game elimination round, if I get off to a bad start then the game is NOT over. If it's a series and we lose the first game (or start off 0-2 in the best of 5 finals), the series is still far from over.

And to more directly answer why this tourney loss moved me one step closer to being the G.O.A.T. of FS: every. single. team. That won a tournament in FS2 (at least in NA), either took the ring and ran or (for the most part) still participate in tourneys but don't come close to winning another one (washed up in a sense). I understand that I don't have ring after ring after ring to show for it atm (like a Michael Jordan etc), but no one does. I already won one (the biggest tourney of all time), and still to this day I'm usually a heavy favorite to win, and end up going very far. You can say "well intoxicated won this one, you lost it doesn't matter", but look how many tournaments it took Wyh to finally win one (and he plays on multiple teams; I play on one).

If you watch me play in a tournament, win or lose it's almost inevitable that me and my team are going to put on a show (just watch this recent finals). Iso can be a very boring playstyle to watch especially PF iso, but I've heard from countless people "but it's fun to watch DB iso". And to FS1 heads, I don't look into pure ring count too much when you're deciding an "all time list", because FS1 tourneys were player hosted, monthly, and usually only 8-16 teams. FS2 tourneys are a whole nother monster, it's veryyy tough to win which is why lots of players (understandably so) have that "win one and we're out" mindset (and btw I still only look at major tourneys aka 32 teams, because remember mini tourneys don't matter ).
    Last edited by DBLL; 07-18-2017, 08:12 PM.

can't stop faith.
    Last edited by soldier king; 07-18-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

hey did u hear milks new mixtape tho?
      straight fire.
      Milks ft Lucas next?

Comment

DBLLeBron is slowly carving his face into FS Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

can't stop faith.
          Last edited by soldier king; 07-18-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DBLL View Post
            First and foremost this thread isn't coming out of arrogance. Although I'm sure some people will take it that way, because it is a pretty extreme claim. With that being said, first of all congrats to Intoxicated. Wyh isn't clean so it probably comes with an asterisk, but he's nowhere near Cookie or "Pretend to be good" level. I count it tbh, the only rings I consider completely void are the Knocksteady team of Franz/Karl/Proto (32 team) and the Velocity team of Pretend/other 2 PFs (mini tourney).

I want to thank all 4 of my teammates. They all had a role, and they all exceeded that role. I'm old school so I do somewhat feel like you either win the tournament or you didn't, but we still had a very impressive run. After months of trash talk from Fixt, I finally responded 1 week before the game and told him that if he beat me I would delete my SF. Then we completely ended his career in the first round in a highly anticipated (although slightly disappointing) 'DBLL vs Fixt' matchup. We didn't get upset by the Furon (Muu?) dash team in the second round despite a bad start: being down 6 to 12. We then gave Cookie his only clean L of the entire tournament, before getting double digit avoid blocks from Milks in 3 games (and all other things considered) finally squeezing by us.

(SMF rightfully banned, and redo follows)

No offense to Rival, but that was a massacre. We won like 3 or 4 times in a best of 3 series, all essentially blowouts. Then a best of 3 with pce crew (basically my seceded former crew). I don't know how you were allowed to completely switch your lineup and get a C in there specifically for me, but I told GMs it was their call. That's not my call to make, and they told me to play it. 2-0, close series but I think experience played the biggest part here.

Now before I get onto the Finals, I want to applaud the GM team. There's still problems in FS2 sure. But all the 'low settings' cats still out there and still no NA central server move (and lots of bugs need to be fixed) aside, they made a huge call to do this tournament redo. And GM Dime did an unbelievable job in hosting it. Four rounds in one night (including bronze), and everything ran very smoothly (no offense to other GMs of course, but can NA server have GM Dime every tourney ). We had some other minor issues before the night of the redo, and GMs were very understanding and responded to me asap. All things considered, GMs really deserve a lot of credit here overall. Like I said FS2 still has issues that need to be fixed asap, but this was greeeeeat progress.

(nice tourney summary and all but what about the title of this thread?...)

I get it, that I lost. But this is the second Best of 5 tournament finals that I've been in that I started off down 0-2 and forced a game 5 (won the first one, and also had a 5-game finals in a mini tournament as well). As far as I know, dUP is the only crew to do that once let alone twice. I'll touch up more on that in the next paragraph. With the most ideal lineup to guard me (PG/PF/C), I scored a single-game tournament Finals record 49 points, and held a 31.6 ppg tournament Finals record scoring average over the course of 5 Finals games. That was the debut of me playing an entirely different position that I was used to for nearly 3 years (PG, now a SF), on a small ball East team (Art and Kobe did phenomenal. The Finals series is on my YT channel).

(cute stats but that makes you the "G.O.A.T."?)

This game is a little harsh for newer players to come in and stick around long enough to compete at a high level (if you think about it, most e-sports are though). For this game to be successful and grow, tournaments is where it has to happen. That's where newer players are gonna watch and think I want to be there one day. I don't care if you love me or hate me, but basically every single tournament I've been in whenever it's my team vs another good team; that's automatically one of (if not the) must-watch match of that round. I've proven countless times now that if it's a single game elimination round, if I get off to a bad start then the game is NOT over. If it's a series and we lose the first game (or start off 0-2 in the best of 5 finals), the series is still far from over.

And to more directly answer why this tourney loss moved me one step closer to being the G.O.A.T. of FS: every. single. team. That won a tournament in FS2 (at least in NA), either took the ring and ran or (for the most part) still participate in tourneys but don't come close to winning another one (washed up in a sense). I understand that I don't have ring after ring after ring to show for it atm (like a Michael Jordan etc), but no one does. I already won one (the biggest tourney of all time), and still to this day I'm usually a heavy favorite to win, and end up going very far. You can say "well intoxicated won this one, you lost it doesn't matter", but look how many tournaments it took Wyh to finally win one (and he plays on multiple teams; I play on one).

If you watch me play in a tournament, win or lose it's almost inevitable that me and my team are going to put on a show (just watch this recent finals). Iso can be a very boring playstyle to watch especially PF iso, but I've heard from countless people "but it's fun to watch DB iso". And to FS1 heads, I don't look into pure ring count too much when you're deciding an "all time list", because FS1 tourneys were player hosted, monthly, and usually only 8-16 teams. FS2 tourneys are a whole nother monster, it's veryyy tough to win which is why lots of players (understandably so) have that "win one and we're out" mindset (and btw I still only look at major tourneys aka 32 teams, because remember mini tourneys don't count ).
            I didn't read one single word other than your Topic title. All I have to say is that you have over 16,000 games combined if not more logged on FS2. You are the epitome of a no life loser. You will go down known as the greatest NO-Lifer of all time! NT Lucas trash

Comment

Originally posted by ShaqOneal View Post

I didn't read one single word other than your Topic title. All I have to say is that you have over 16,000 games combined if not more logged on FS2. You are the epitome of a no life loser. You will go down known as the greatest NO-Lifer of all time! NT Lucas trash
              some people need the feel fulfilled in life some find it in jobs, exercise, fishing and religion. But sometimes there's unhealthy fulfillments like gamblin, drugs, and stealing. He likes fs2 it brings him joy. Why bash in him cause he's happy playing this game? If bashing on people on a online game makes you happy then yousir need to find something to do in your life other than trying to hate on people happiness. Maybe you need to talk to a gi.......... I'm pretty sure SK would finish this phrase

Comment

nice read.

Comment

I also found this a nice read also. I would've replied sooner but didn't have internet

Comment

great read DRIBBLE

Comment

have faith and you will win
                      Last edited by soldier king; 07-19-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

You really need to work on your mood in game. You post decent threads with some slight hint of being humble, despite the pretty over the top thread headline, which I applaud you for. Yet whenever I see you in game you make many mistakes and your team almost never calls you out on them, yet when one of them makes one, you mash they keyboard. True the read was good, just saying if you really want to move closer to your forum post, play in game with the same attitude you had when making this thread.

Comment

lawl video games.

Comment

You are getting there but I have to give the GOAT title to Assists.

He won two major titles on two different positions which is crazy (PG and C).

Also StyleZ and milks make a compelling argument with two mini tournaments.

Comment

i think i had this discussion with mike cool back in the day too. But i wouldn't call this game an esport. 0 Sponsored teams, 0 LANs, 0 professional players, 0 Cash Tourneys. Pretty much just a casual game imo. ESports in my opinion need to have Cash opportunities, LANS, and Professional players. the advantage of LANs makes it so you can be sure no one is using any "assistance." Also theres no real league... theres crew league... but its not like theres an actual season for teams, like there is in all other esports. If this game is an esport, its litteraly the most casual esport possible. That being said gj getting closer to being the GOAT by almost winning again..

Comment

Working...
                              X