Unbiased In-depth First Round Tourney Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbiased In-depth First Round Tourney Analysis

GSpot (C? Tier) Vs SoldiersOfDream (D- Tier)

To be honest I have no idea who the players on G-Spot are(heard they were
    Doubi League's Alt Team)since I haven't seen them around, but they are going against SK's Art of (insert crazy gameplan that never works) so they should get the win. SK spends more time preaching about god and telling kids to get gf's than actually trying to get better (the correct way, which is practicing something that works), so it would be surprising if his team could even compete vs GSPOT(assuming GSPOT is decent). This is a hard one to be sure on since I don't know the players on either team that well, so it might come down to a coin flip. (IT REALLY SHOULDN'T..)

Daije(C Tier) Vs N O B L E (C+ Tier)

Daije is running PF Iso with Trophies as
    an subparisoer and a corner big ( C or PF). LagBlocks is Sham, and he is kind of able to block PF iso (got 3 blocks on archerW in tourney), so I expect him to do the same against Trophies. Daije have a defensively-built team , so if they can play defense then they will do well. N O B L E is dashing/swinging with Disowned on SG. Disowned has 36 3 point success, so expect him to be cash if not well defended. However, he is going against 2 Bigs, so they should be able to stop some 3's . Ronnie is a west big and a decent blocker, so expect him to get the rebounds / a few blocks on the pf iso. N O B L E also has Historian(corner player) and APAstyle(who i believe isos) , so they might pull out the iso play as well. I'm giving this game to whoever can play better defense - whether or not Daije can stop the 3's or N O B L E can block the PF iso.

Intoxicated (A+ Tier) vs Knocksteady (
    A Tier)

This is a tourney finals worthy match, and probably one of the most intense matches that is going to happen this tourney. Intoxicated is changing their lineup to Hanachan's SF/SG Swing , with Assists on C and Wyh on PG. Hanachan is one of the most consistent scorers in the game, but has been stopped before by Knocksteady’s PF(Aodaliya) in tourney. However, this time, Hana has the god backstealer/lagger Wyh with him, lifting the pressure to score off his shoulders since Wyh should be getting steals/blocks by himself. Assists is a solid big with high IQ and has this many times before, so he will be a good supporting piece for the superstar PG / Scorer duo. Knocksteady is running dash with Tain, Art, and Aodaliya(Cadette). Tain is cash from the 3 point line, and rarely misses after he backrolls, Aodaliya is also a good big man with solid blocks and defense but seems to have unstable ping so I don't know if he can get rebounds over Assists if he lags. Hanachan is swinging on his SF/SG, and we will see if Art can defend him or get some (lag)steals and if Cadette can help defense and get blocks. On the otherside, we’ll have Wyh on pg getting (extreme lag/sus/whatever you wanna call it) steals or blocks even on Tain(or Art) if he is the one that is going to be defending him(which I think Intoxicated might have him do since they are running with an SF, which puts pressure on PG in dash). If KS can get rebounds and score 3’s with dash(or tain’s backroll), then they have a good chance of winning. Otherwise, Intoxicated’s swing team has a huge chance for winning this whole tourney after they get past this round. Should be a really good game.

I NBA I (D? Tier) vs Elite (B Tier)

I don't know who is on NBA's team, and certainly
    dont remember ever meeting them in game, but it seems like they are doing iso. Elite is isoing as well, with Hoar scoring and Charles(west sf) in the corner. In an Iso vs Iso matchup, the better team usually wins, especially if the disparity between the two teams are this much(my guess). Elite wins this one, no brainer.

D R I V E (B- Tier) vs dUP(B- Tier)

This should be a close match, as it is
    Swing/Pillar Vs Swing. dUP has the advantage in rebounds because of Sakura("west" C) over Daebyeol(west PF), but lacks defense all around the board. Floater can score consistently with his improved cards, and Evict should be able to hold his own against D R I V E's pg. D R I V E's team runs a SF and a PF, so they should be able to block floaters/paint shots. Still, I don't think either team will be playing much defense and it will be a scoring game to see who scores the most, which favors the team that is able to score 3's (Floater SG) and get rebounds (Sakura C). Should be a close game.

Mighty Ducks(B- Tier) vs
    Doubi League(C to B Tier)

Mighty Ducks' team has a few
    isoers together, so I don't really know who is going to iso or what their gameplan is going to be. Still, looking at their isoers, I can only say they are average/subpar scorers. Doubi League's team seems to be the classic 2 big rebounding + chuck SG with 3 point success, which isn't too consistent. However, the reason I gave them 2 tiers is becauseDoubi has "tools" they can turn up, which increases their advantage and guarantees them the rebounds and loose balls. I don't know how far they are willing to use the "tools" , but hopefully, it won't be too much so this game will be close. Again, this match is in Doubi's hands if they choose to "turn up" for it.

Pure Gaming (C- Tier) vs Qnmlgb iii (A- tier)

Not much to say about this one, Qnm should beat Pure Gaming convincingly.

Away(A- Tier) vs Dogeza (C+ Tier)

Despite the difference in the tier levels that I gave both teams, this one might be interesting to watch(maybe). Away is running dash with Quickly dashing on
    SG , Jike on PG, and Duc(C) as the pillar of their team. Jike is a good PG with good dash IQ, so he can make plays and run the dash offense. Duc is probably the best C in the game at the moment, as his defense is top tier and his rebounds are good. Away's only weak spot is that their offense is not consistent, but expect to see some cool plays from them to cover this weakness. Dogeza might be dashing or isoing, but if they are dashing, then this game won't be close. Dogeza has two players that are decent at the game, but both of them like to troll ( Icey and Nelo(Lumeh)) so their skill levels aren't as high as Away, who actually practices hard. IF Icey can get rebounds over Duc and Dogeza's team members play out of their mind, it could be a close game(probably not). However, realistically, this should be a convincing win for Away, as they are simply the better team on paper.

TLDR; Read it u fkers I spent 30 mins on this. Dont @

Edit: edited Intoxicated vs KS

Edit: Bracket has changed a little , but I'm not going to update this.
    Last edited by Syzera; 09-21-2017, 11:50 AM.

I like the way you did the grade system, though I do have some minor changes on my part. May be of no use, but here is what i would change

Intox: A
    KS: A-
    Mighty Ducks: C+
    Doubi: B (i know hacks, but still gotta take in the factor)
    Qnm: B+
    N O B L E: B-

Comment

good shit. except d-up = L+ after i dropped that diss track. 2nd verse next

Comment

Interesting review I give you that A plus

Comment

I don't think it's possible to give an "unbiased" review on how a tournament will flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kukiko View Post
            I don't think it's possible to give an "unbiased" review on how a tournament will flow.
            I didn't make predictions, I just analyzed the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Syzera View Post

I didn't make predictions, I just analyzed the teams.
              "Elite wins this one no brainer" is a prediction if I am not mistaken. Anyway, that post was just my 2 cents about the bias title. I have neither agreement nor disagreement with your predictions.

Comment

"Elite wins this one no brainer" is a prediction if I am not mistaken. Anyway, that post was just my 2 cents about the bias title. I have neither agreement nor disagreement with your predictions.
                That's not a biased based prediction.. That's like saying a lion will kill a cat if they fight.(not rocket science)

Comment

I do not have 36 success, I rerolled my subs a long time ago. And I dont even deserve a c-. I am around a D+. And I think we are going to lose to trophies. He's so good.

Comment

Originally posted by DIS0WNED View Post
                    I do not have 36 success, I rerolled my subs a long time ago. And I dont even deserve a c-. I am around a D+. And I think we are going to lose to trophies. He's so good.
                    You literally told me last week you had 36 success. ??????????? And the tiers are based on what I've seen and the relative strengths of the teams compared to one another.

Comment

That's not a biased based prediction.. That's like saying a lion will kill a cat if they fight.(not rocket science)
                      I'm just saying it still is a prediction, which you posted you made none. Anytime you prefer one team over another who haven't played against each other, bias will come out naturally. Anything can happen in game but the words you use and how you phrase things will result in bias nature. I just am saying that it is near impossible to make an unbiased post like this. That is all.

Comment

I'm just saying it still is a prediction, which you posted you made none. Anytime you prefer one team over another who haven't played against each other, bias will come out naturally. Anything can happen in game but the words you use and how you phrase things will result in bias nature. I just am saying that it is near impossible to make an unbiased post like this. That is all.
                        No, predicting is when you don't know what's going to happen but try to make an educated guess. Stating that a better team will beat a worse team isn't predicting, it's common sense.

Comment

Libra > Everyone > Midget

Comment

No, predicting is when you don't know what's going to happen but try to make an educated guess. Stating that a better team will beat a worse team isn't predicting, it's common sense.
                            Lol, I have no words to describe just how wrong this post is. Games are not basic math, there is no guarentee who is going to win no matter how much "better" someone is than the other. Also you can't change the core definition of prediction as you please. Look up the word and you will understand that you are indeed making a prediction, because you clearly do not. Again, I'm telling you that games are not as black and white as math.

Comment

If this were the case, do you have any idea how many millionaires/billionaires there would be based on choosing the winners of sports game. All you would have to do is look up every team members stats on each team and choose the team with the total highest stats because that would be the better team. Smh

Comment

Working...
                              X