Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE TODAY, LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD FOR YOUR COUNTRY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You underestimate the weight of kev vote lmao. Why do you think the Jehovah's are campin outside of his house everyday waiting for the first light to turn on ??? he has the power to persuade millions with a single "go trump tweet". do u live under a rock????

Comment

Originally posted by Jike View Post
      Ok but just because someone didn't vote doesn't mean that they would've voted for the candidate of your choosing had they voted. So on what basis do you think making such a broad generalization is reasonable?

I dont really feel like typing an essay, so i'll let you do the research if you're really interested. However, if you compare the number of voters from previous campaigns. For either candidate. you Will see that Trump won with millions less voters than both Romney, and McCain lost with, and Hillary lost with Millions less then Obama won with in '08 and 2012. If that doesn't show voter apathy i dont know what does. Especially if you look at the specific areas where votes were lost. Mainly Urban areas, like Chicago, Milwaukee, etc. Places which Obama won with huge odds in '08 and 2012, while this election, Hillary still won those area, but with a much much smaller number of voters. If people vote for 8 years, then suddenly stop voting. Does it not clearly show voter apathy? I'll let you do the research yourself as I have. However, i am not just speaking out of my ass. I research this stuff from many different sources, and fact check those sources. Unless you want to attribute millions of voters deciding not to vote this year to Trumps smear campaign, then there really is no other logical conclusion besides voter apathy.

EDIT

This is not about voting for the candidate of my choosing. There was voter apathy on both sides. all you have to do is look at the numbers. Voters were down on both sides, by many millions.

Comment

What I meant by what I said was this: The reason Trump got elected wasn't due to voter apathy. From what I've read and seen, there's so many factors that lead to this "upset". Yeah, less people voted overall but that's not the point. The thing with democracy is that once you get into that booth, no one knows who you actually voted for, no one's judging you or reprimanding you or anything like that. There was such a negative connotation with voting Trump but I'm not at all surprised that he got elected.
        This is kind of oversimplifying the situation but the reason why Trump won is because more people voted for Trump.
        Originally posted by SlipNSlide View Post
        To all of you that didn't vote, I want to thank you personally for giving us a Donald trump presidency.
        You can't really say, "oh, well Trump won because of the people that didn't vote". That doesn't really make sense.
        I'm just trying to further understand the perspectives of the people in the states right now and why they're thinking it. If someone makes a statement then they should defend it, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jike View Post
          What I meant by what I said was this: The reason Trump got elected wasn't due to voter apathy. From what I've read and seen, there's so many factors that lead to this "upset". Yeah, less people voted overall but that's not the point. The thing with democracy is that once you get into that booth, no one knows who you actually voted for, no one's judging you or reprimanding you or anything like that. There was such a negative connotation with voting Trump but I'm not at all surprised that he got elected.
          This is kind of oversimplifying the situation but the reason why Trump won is because more people voted for Trump.

You can't really say, "oh, well Trump won because of the people that didn't vote". That doesn't really make sense.
          I'm just trying to further understand the perspectives of the people in the states right now and why they're thinking it. If someone makes a statement then they should defend it, right?

There were many reasons why Trump won. One, was voter apathy, one was a scorched earth campaign that chased many voters away. Another, was that in traditionally blue counties where Union workers were all over the place. Those counties went for trump, because they have felt the sting of modernization, and loss of jobs. However to deny Voter apathy as a huge reason for Hilary losing is sort of ridiculous. All you have to do is compare the numbers of this election to past elections. There are more voters in the process right now then ever before, and yet less votes. Can you really explain that any other way besides voter apathy? While it is not the only reason, it is a huge reason why Hillary lost states like Wisconsin. Keep in mind she won the popular vote, and won in almost every urban area in the USA. Unfortunately, she didnt win those areas by the numbers they expected. Which was based on Polls, and Voter turnout from previous elections. Also it is very clear, over multiple polls, surveys, studies, etc that the vast majority of the USA is on the liberal side of things. However, the a huge number of eligible voters do not vote. Because, they don't care enough. Yet come flying in to complain when things start to slide out of control. Heres the numbers:

Voter turnout in the United States fluctuates in national elections. In recent elections, about 60% of the voting eligible population votes during presidential election years, and about 40% votes during midterm elections. Turnout is lower for odd year, primary and local elections.

Comment

We are still talking about this?

Trump WON just like Velocity.

It was bs, but they won.

End. Of. Story.

Slip VIDEO GAMESSSSSSSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by SlipNSlide View Post
              😥😰 sad day for the world. To all of you that didn't vote, I want to thank you personally for giving us a Donald trump presidency. 4 more years of destroying our ecosystem and growing hatred. Also probably losing women's right to choose, and gay rights. Shoutout to Kevin.

finallu back on track 2 success

Comment

Working...
              X