Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Guide and Analysis of Traditional Korean Swing Style (PART 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Guide and Analysis of Traditional Korean Swing Style (PART 2)

Introduction

Many people are unfamiliar with the word "Swingman" since it does not exist in NA Server

I am posting this to let a lot of people know about the swing style, how it is played and analyzed.

With a recent buff of floater shot, this post will go over the play style of swings in depth, with deep analysis.

Swingman derives from a traditional Korean play style. It uses high long layup attribute to shake the paint and uses drive-in/out dribbles to shoot mid and 3 point shots.

Example

Let us start with a short video of how top crews in Korea plays swing.

Please consider and think deeply on every move of the swing team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuHJeDaXOHE

*Home Team (Swing) vs Away Team (Dash)

Analysis on the Video

From SG's Perspective:

1) The SG uses Jump Pass to shake the paint (Basic Fundamental)

2) The SG uses Floater from maximum distance of long layup (Basic Fundamental)

3) The SG sees the opposing big coming out to block floater, then uses Alley-oop Pass Skill (In-depth Strategy)

4) The SG uses drive in/out dribbles to shoot jump shots and 3 point shots (Basic Fundamental)

From C's Perspective:

1) The C stands near the rim, inside the paint to successfully get Jump Pass and Alley-oop Pass (Basic Fundamental)

2) The C does not leave the paint at all, when SG is near the paint.

From PG's Perspective:

1) The PG uses Jump Pass Skill to shake the paint with SG, without hogging the ball (Basic Fundamental)

2) The PG cautiously looking to recover loose ball for his/her team (Basic Fundamental)

Conclusion:

Swing team is NOT an isolation team. From all of the bigs that I have seen, almost 95% of the players leave the paint to shoot jump shots and 3 point shots. I know it is because they are not familiar with the swing plays, and I know it is because they have a sustain mid/3 point attribute but when playing with a swing team, bigs have to stay near the rim to recover any blocked shot or the loose ball. They may leave the paint in certain situation, but generally that is not an option. So please stop leaving the paint when our swingman is near the paint.

Recommended Skill Set for Swingman

When playing swing, it is pretty much on-your-own play style. Except, there are some skills that are mandatory for swing players.

Mandatory Skills:

1) Floater
    2) Manual Layup
    3) Double Clutch
    4) Jump Pass
    5) SP Drive
    6) Back-roll Turn Dribble
    7) Kill Pass
    8) Alley-oop Pass (For skilled players)

Recommended Skills:

Pretty much anything

Minimum/Recommended Attribute for Swingman

Keep in mind that risking swing play attribute means risking in lower 3 point attribute. Recommend having SP or Legend (Pro) Cards.

Minimum Attribute:

Long Layup - 205

3 Point Shot - 190

Running Speed - 180

Recommended Attribute:

Long Layup - 210

3 Point Shot - 200

Running speed - 190

Attribute Priority:

Long Layup > Running Speed > 3 Point Shot

The reason why I am posting about these stuff is because I want to let other people know about how viable and lively the play is, compared to isolation plays. Thus, isolation play is not the "best" strategy. This may sound a little difficult to follow, but all you need is a lot of effort.

I will come back with part 3, regarding the problems involving swingman in this server

Any question regarding the post is welcome
    Last edited by Hanachan; 03-19-2015, 12:31 AM.

ppl dont use this play cuz dpoty alive.

Comment

• Valioa
      Valioa commented
      Editing a comment
      you do realize that when the balance patch comes out, floater will be buffed and ppl will start using it? lol

Beautiful guide ^.^. I'm going to be this type of SG when I get training reset haha.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have a stat reset ready when Im ready to mess around.

Comment

thanks ill use this for sf

Comment

• WuZi
          WuZi commented
          Editing a comment
          so actually you say that after the update center can have diving catch... no man, center cant have pg skills like sf cant have sg skills..
          the only thing that realted to skills in the upcoming update is the release of 6 new skills, each unique to specific positions

• Hanachan
          Hanachan commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't really go over about SF swing plays, but SF can definitely play swing as well, without floater skill. The upcoming skill for SF and SG, which is Euro Step Skill, is for swing players. Nevertheless, based on your long layup attribute, activation range for your Euro Step will be determined. I will go over deeply with SF swing plays later. But even without euro step, you can still cover it with jump pass and double clutch. Anyways, this will be covered when we get the new skills.
          Last edited by Hanachan; 03-21-2015, 08:15 AM.

• MachineWideOPEN
          MachineWideOPEN commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL no. If Center get VD, SG get block catch, PG get Dash, PF get back dribble, SF get dive. I'll cry.

Thanks KhenPierce will be top 5 SG now.

Comment

cool thanks .

Comment

Great guide, I could evolve into a swing, since I got a SP4 Card set with the +12 long layups. Will see. I hope to see Hanachan back to TOP SG again. Back down turn-fadeway will also get buffed too. I wonder how far that move will take me. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

KhenPierce went from 67% winrate to 60% fam. It seems people doesnt really have any idea about this play at all. I have instances where i pass in air and people just froze for a second or two not knowing they got the ball on they hands. But swing combined with iso play makes me average 18 + a game with ease.

Comment

Moreover, im looking forward about the floater buff and eurostep move. I also find out if i swing and then iso, if i use spinmove layup it draws the defense more to me leaving my PF or PG wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanachan View Post
                  Introduction

Many people are unfamiliar with the word "Swingman" since it does not exist in NA Server

I am posting this to let a lot of people know about the swing style, how it is played and analyzed.

With a recent buff of floater shot, this post will go over the play style of swings in depth, with deep analysis.

Swingman derives from a traditional Korean play style. It uses high long layup attribute to shake the paint and uses drive-in/out dribbles to shoot mid and 3 point shots.

Example

Let us start with a short video of how top crews in Korea plays swing.

Please consider and think deeply on every move of the swing team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuHJeDaXOHE

*Home Team (Swing) vs Away Team (Dash)

Analysis on the Video

From SG's Perspective:

1) The SG uses Jump Pass to shake the paint (Basic Fundamental)

2) The SG uses Floater from maximum distance of long layup (Basic Fundamental)

3) The SG sees the opposing big coming out to block floater, then uses Alley-oop Pass Skill (In-depth Strategy)

4) The SG uses drive in/out dribbles to shoot jump shots and 3 point shots (Basic Fundamental)

From C's Perspective:

1) The C stands near the rim, inside the paint to successfully get Jump Pass and Alley-oop Pass (Basic Fundamental)

2) The C does not leave the paint at all, when SG is near the paint.

From PG's Perspective:

1) The PG uses Jump Pass Skill to shake the paint with SG, without hogging the ball (Basic Fundamental)

2) The PG cautiously looking to recover loose ball for his/her team (Basic Fundamental)

Conclusion:

Swing team is NOT an isolation team. From all of the bigs that I have seen, almost 95% of the players leave the paint to shoot jump shots and 3 point shots. I know it is because they are not familiar with the swing plays, and I know it is because they have a sustain mid/3 point attribute but when playing with a swing team, bigs have to stay near the rim to recover any blocked shot or the loose ball. They may leave the paint in certain situation, but generally that is not an option. So please stop leaving the paint when our swingman is near the paint.

Recommended Skill Set for Swingman

When playing swing, it is pretty much on-your-own play style. Except, there are some skills that are mandatory for swing players.

Mandatory Skills:

1) Floater
                  2) Manual Layup
                  3) Double Clutch
                  4) Jump Pass
                  5) SP Drive
                  6) Back-roll Turn Dribble
                  7) Kill Pass
                  8) Alley-oop Pass (For skilled players)

Recommended Skills:

Pretty much anything

Minimum/Recommended Attribute for Swingman

Keep in mind that risking swing play attribute means risking in lower 3 point attribute. Recommend having SP or Legend (Pro) Cards.

Minimum Attribute:

Long Layup - 205

3 Point Shot - 190

Running Speed - 180

Recommended Attribute:

Long Layup - 210

3 Point Shot - 200

Running speed - 190

Attribute Priority:

Long Layup > Running Speed > 3 Point Shot

The reason why I am posting about these stuff is because I want to let other people know about how viable and lively the play is, compared to isolation plays. Thus, isolation play is not the "best" strategy. This may sound a little difficult to follow, but all you need is a lot of effort.

I will come back with part 3, regarding the problems involving swingman in this server

Any question regarding the post is welcome

with the new patch. is PG good with swing? i got cards for it and play goku, is it viable?

Comment

yes it id viable

Comment

Working...
                    X