X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Insomniatic View Post
    Hey there! I liked the guide overall.

Is it logical to play as Power Pg nowadays? I've never seen any to be honest. Plus, everyone says that pass stat is useless. Even 'tho, I want to know if it's viable or not. I am playing as Shrewd Pg, taking 3s mostly. I don't fake+v/d or long layup (mostly because over used and somehow cheap). So, specializing on pass/steal/block and not taking 3s is acceptable or not, that's I want to know.

Cheers.

Yes, there are some power pgs around (Exodus42 & Nuk for example, i cant think of any other Power PGs atm), Pass stat is only useless to some because of the fact that baseball pass exists, which prevents intercepts.

In my opinion, i always favor having higher pass stats solely on the fact that my pass range is slightly increased, and the speed of the pass increases (even tho yes nonstop makes the pass faster anyway, which is what low pass PGs would say to counter my argument of fast passing.) I just feel it helps with certain plays, such as Dash play.

3pt on the other hand, is very useful. I prefer to have some decent 3pt at least on my PG no matter what, which is why I am balanced type again.

Here is my current attributes atm:

I put pass attribute +18 on my set, giving me 200 pass as a balanced type xD

I also have cards that give me a big 3pt bonus (3pt success and 3pt no mark.

Comment

• im still lvl 38

i want to ask.
      do steal att affect intercept succes rate?

and if you get sp 4 deck card
      how your stat would be.

here's my pg stat
      +Shrewd type
      +SP 4 Deck
      +10 long layup
      +10 speed
      +10 Steal

i dont really confidence about my att distribution
      i really dont know about steal att, is it good like that or should i change it..
      because i was think stealing is affect intercept success so i add it till max xD

and since i really like long layup i will leave it like that
      197 layup is really sick its almost like hanachan range long layup xD

oh yeah im a scorer PG, i frequently play (2PG + 1Bigman)
      Last edited by gadzkun; 10-21-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the response!

After all, I decided to give it a go. Otherwise, it would be stuck in my mind. I want to experiment a little bit.

My stats are not the greatest. For boots, I gave stamina. Outfit gives +10 pass and +10 mid shot.

I've some legendaries actually. But only this deck gives a decent +pass stat. I opened some serious card balls, but no luck so far

What do you suggest for skills (if you were power pg and your current balanced ones)? Or more importantly, since I have spare stat reset, is there anything I should change?
        Last edited by Insomniatic; 10-22-2015, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gadzkun View Post
          im still lvl 38

I'd take off the last bar of your steal and put it else where.

Originally posted by Insomniatic View Post
          I'd take away all the tussle and pass and put 2 more bars into speed and the rest into 3pt and stam.

Comment

• Does anyone still check up on this thread, was wondering if I could get some advice on my PG build?

Comment

• put on speed and steal mainly if u score 3pt

Comment

• Consider myself playing a pass first type of PG, only taking open shots and driving for lay-ups every now and then to try and surprise opponents.
                Feel as though I have a couple of limitations because of a high ping (Australian internet on Asian servers) so steals and intercepts don't activate as often as I would like.
                Biggest weakness right now is probably trying to guard other players if they attack the rim (i.e speedy forwards and guards)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Dempsey View Post
                  Consider myself playing a pass first type of PG, only taking open shots and driving for lay-ups every now and then to try and surprise opponents.
                  Feel as though I have a couple of limitations because of a high ping (Australian internet on Asian servers) so steals and intercepts don't activate as often as I would like.
                  Biggest weakness right now is probably trying to guard other players if they attack the rim (i.e speedy forwards and guards)

Some factors about high ping:

1. Steals and intercept are not affected. that is all luck my friend.

2. To face up with high ping, back up a bit more than usual to insure that the face up or your characters body connects to the other person. If you are too close, the game won't register you as being in front of the person.

Other than that your stats are good, good luck on fs2 man.

Comment

• I'm looking for more good guide.

Comment

• Just changed my PG to a shrewd type and love having the extra movement speed and stamina to cover ground on defense. However definitely notice how hard it is to block now, considering it was already low to begin with. I guess that is what makes this game fun seeing as no build will ever be perfect

Comment

• What the best spc for pg.

Comment

• Originally posted by no one View Post
                          What the best spc for pg.
                          Lynn but play whatever character you like the most

Comment

• Hi val! Echeleon here if u remember. Which is better +12 steal or +12 steal motion. Have 185 steal now.

Comment

• Originally posted by echeleon View Post
                              Hi val! Echeleon here if u remember. Which is better +12 steal or +12 steal motion. Have 185 steal now.
                              up to you really lol, preference is the key here.

Steal motion makes you steal faster, Steal att. increases everything such as steal success rate and steal motion, but steal motion makes you steal faster more than steal att.

I personally don't even run that much steal on my PG and steal just fine. So you are good on whichever steal you decide to use really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valioa View Post

up to you really lol, preference is the key here.

Steal motion makes you steal faster, Steal att. increases everything such as steal success rate and steal motion, but steal motion makes you steal faster more than steal att.

I personally don't even run that much steal on my PG and steal just fine. So you are good on whichever steal you decide to use really.
                                since im using goku now i go for steal motion. thx val! in pie we trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X