This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valioa's PG Guide!

Hi! If you are wondering on how to become a great PG, look no further! This guide will "guide" you to the right path of the Point Guard position.

Note: This guide is a work in progress, I will come back to it from time to time, adding more content in the future. Add Prof. Valioa#4243 on Discord for additional help

Table of Contents:
    1. PG Frequently Asked Questions - (Possible Updates)
    2. PG Types' Pros and Cons - Complete!
    3. PG Attribute Example(s)/Skill Build(s) - (Possible Updates)
    4. PG Special Characters/Priority Spending - Complete!
    5. PG Cards(Possible Updates)
    6. PG Toys(Work in Progress)
    7. PG Stealing Basics/Advanced Techs Complete!
    8. PG Play-making (Possible Updates, Making a Video.)
    SHOUTOUTS TO:

Pie cuz pie is delicious, & who can't get enuff pie in der lyfe? ;D
    Lloyd aka Junior for the Guide layout,
    SicaCute & Thugnificent for teaching me the PG Intercept skill in the first place (I wasn't good at stealing till they taught me so, I am very grateful to them!)
    Tyler aka LoloGasol for being a "Tournament Winner",
    My Raidcall/Skype Group (Which consist of 20+ ppls) for being with me for a year and half now!
    Slip for being a good friend and rival!
    Milks aka ChefStyleZ because he is the most loyal guy I know, and is so funny, despite his outrageous trolling -.-
    Mateen aka Slumped for playing NA server for so long, even though he is EU. What a pal.
    Pyxi because he is a no vision master Kappa.
    Left-Eye & #TeamBruh for training with me and helping out the community!
    Assists because he told me he love me XD - Proof here: http://i.imgur.com/KTASKfx.png
    and to DBLL, for the Intercept guide and being a long time rival to me! ^.^

Let the guide begin!

FAQ - More questions will be answered in the future!

1. What's the main role of PG?
    • The main role of a PG is to pass, steal/intercept, set plays, recover loose balls, and of course, shoot WIDE OPEN SHOTS. Unfortunately, the majority of the PG in my opinion tend to be more offensive-oriented, acting as if they are a scoring position, using pass fake, a skill that does indeed offer a scoring option, but can be a risky play against professional defenders. examples of lockdown defense against pass fake would be another PG facing you up to prevent a pass fake layup from even occurring, or a C/PF blocking the living hell outta you. But yea, no offense to any pro PGs that use pass fake, there are just some PGs that try to abuse it or use it incorrectly and end up getting thrashed and looking bad. I WILL SAY though, a PG has the ability to go offensive if a player wishes to be that way. It is FreeStyle of course.
    2. Positioning for PG?
    • When on defense, a PG should mainly be on their mark, facing the hell out of them with or without the ball (this makes your mark's passes bad when he/she has the ball. When the one you are defending doesn't have the ball however, you can face up next to them to possibly get an intercept, as well as prevent nice pass bonuses.) There are some times however, when the PG must sneak in a steal or two, or help defense when necessary (not totally away from your main mark though, just when someone else's mark, specifically a scorer, is close to you, that is one of the only times to go for a steal/block. Do not overhelp though, make it less obvious that you are helping.) Other than all of this, when intercepting, you want to be between the receiver and the sender. For more info on intercepting, watch Me & DBLL Guides to Intercept! ^.^
    My guide to Intercept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f9i7cjb8rA

DBLL's Guide to Intercept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxa7y_QmIDQ

3. Skills to Improve for PG?
    • Improve on the Intercept/Overpass Intercept skills, Watch those guides above for more info on that!
    • Stealing of course (when to steal, where to steal, etc.)
    • Ball Recovery aka getting loose balls ( PGs get diving catch, which is used to dive for loose balls that are either on the floor or approaching the floor. Master this skill, it is a PGs best asset! At high level, PGs get Sp Diving Catch, which increases the range of recovery, setting PGs apart from SGs lvl 50 Diving catch.)
    • Master bumping, which is disrupting the opponents movement by moving into them or facing them up. This is a very crucial technique for PGs because this is where they get most of their steals besides pump fakes.
    • Master passing. When passing, you want to do so in an open lane (no one in the route of your pass), and avoid doing horrible passes (slow pass due to face up from opponent). Also, avoid passing from far away, know your range of pass.
    • Master Baseball Pass skill, a level 28 skill for PG's I believe. (This skill avoids all intercepts, at the cost of a penalty if you screw it up, which could cause a potential turnover! You can also use this skill to pass from far away ;3 )
    • Improve on your Pie (AKA Defense).
    4. Does intercept success benefit from steal attribute or its all about positioning and timing?
    • In my opinion, I believe Intercept success can be increased by cards, toys, and the steal training attribute (slightly, not as good as intercept success stuff) as well. Increasing this can widen the timing window and chance of actually catching the ball, but Upgrading intercept success stat alone doesn't increase its range or position, that's Intercept Range increase that mainly does that.
    5. What are cards used for?
    • They are used to add additional attributes/passives for your character, such as 3pt success, steal motion, Jump pass range, etc. Unlike toys, cards attributes are set the moment the card is placed in your card slot, so even if you are in the pre-match court, the cards come into play.
    6. What are toys used for?
    • Like cards, toys also increase certain attributes, however, they only come into play at random when in a match. You can increase the chances of your toys being activated by increasing their affection rate (which can be done by giving them batteries, or equipping that particular toy u want to have love you.) As for upgrading, you need MORE THAN ONE of the same toy to do this. Also if you have the more than one toy, you have the choice to change the attribute if you do not like the attribute it has now, or upgrade the attribute u have now. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TOYS, check out Lloyd aka Junior's Toy Guide! >>>>>http://forums.gamekiss.com/forum/fre...yd-s-toy-guide
    7. What is mileage?
    • Mileage is the backdraft points you acquire when buying gkash related items, such as skill slots, or item balls. The game tells you if you are gaining mileage for any item that is gkash. You can use mileage to buy special items in the Mileage shop, which is located in the Shop section of the game.
    8. Does gear expire?
    • Yes and no, some gear or clothing expire, and some do not. The game will let you know if your gear will expire, showing the amount of days on said gear.
    9. Are freestyles passive?
    • No they are not passive, they are active abilities which require you to fulfill certain achievements during a match to be able to activate them. For instance, Miller time, a freestyle shot, requires at least 4 assists to be able to use it during a game. Once your goal to use the skill is complete, a green area will appear, telling you the location in which you can use said freestyle (miller time can be used anywhere since it is a shooting type of freestyle move.). Other conditions or goals to complete for other kinds of freestyles (long dunks, short dunks, shots) include successful rebounds or screens, 3pt attempts, middle shot attempts, blocks, etc. If you have more than one freestyle in game, you can press the z key to change which freestyle you want to use.
    10. I want to ask about Baseball Pass. I rarely see this skill used in a live playing. If you got kill pass equipped, you won't be intercepted either when you are trying to pass to your open wide teammate. So can you describe what is the best situation used for Baseball Pass?
    • Baseball pass is used by most high levels PGs that want to avoid intercepts, as well as passing "Far" away to their scorer to avoid any kind of intercept, such as overpass intercept. Kill pass isnt impossible to intercept, but its so rare for it to even get intercepted. Kill pass also activates in certain situations, not all the time.
    11. Is Hook-Up Pass bad?
    • Hook up pass is not bad, its just alley oop is better, as well as jump passing.
    12. Do you have to use both Intercept and Overpass Intercept? Because Overpass is rarely triggered in-game.
    • Although you do not have to use both, having both on is very helpful, overpass is a clutch intercept skill which can be used if the opposing team makes a mistake and overpasses by accident. Baseball pass can however counterattack this by passing far away and avoiding overpass intercept/intercept.
    13. Why you didn't use shoot touch? is it useless for 3p shooting? what is the use of shoot touch?
    • I feel shoot touch is not needed for pg because most of the time in my opinion a PG will be shooting wide open shots. Shoot touch is by no means pointless (I love shoot touch when I feel like shooting really good shots, its just I prefer the other skills I have equipped already.)
    14. is SP Drive worth it?
    • I used to be a PG that used Sp Drive, but since I found out that most Korean PG don't use it and just drive in by running and walking around the pg without the use of the A key, I feel it is not needed either. So yea, it saves up a skill slot, and its best to get used to getting through others without the use of A, makes you a better PG. ALSO driving I feel is a little risky at times, especially against good defenders.
    15. How do you alley oop to someone? And if you're the receiver do you just press the dunk button to get the ball in?
    • The Receiver should be the one pressing "F" or the alley oop button first, then the Sender presses F afterwards. This is the fastest method to make alley oop happen as fast as possible.
    • Some people don't know this, but doing alley oop very close to the rim can make your receiver do a lightning quick short dunk from alley, which is the best way to do an alley oop. (hardest to block, since its so fast)
    16. when your opponent drives and you go the other way and the !! comes up (ankle break or something i don't know) how can u prevent this from happening?
    • When defending an opponent that is eager to dribble, there are 3 ways to doing so, each having their strengths and weaknesses:
    1. Prediction - guessing which way someone is going when driving can get you some turnovers, however, if you predict wrong, it may leave the scorer wide open for the shot.

2. Facing Up extremely close - A risky move that can either make your opponent bump into you before their dribble happens, OR they can drive through you with ease.

3. Not moving at all before a dribble - Just standing there before a dribble appears can avoid pretty much all dribbles, but is still quite risky because if timed incorrectly, you can leave your opponent wide for the layup. To prevent this, you have to move immediately after the opponent dribbles, to the side you believe they went.

17. What are the benefits of pass attribute? I am playing PG but I want to pass more, but then shoot 3's when free.
    • Upgrading pass stat increases pass range, speed of the pass, range of jump pass, and maybe alley oop as well. It also increases the meter for baseball pass, heres a picture example: http://prntscr.com/7xrj6s.
    • Balanced type seems to be the best for you sir, because you want to shoot decent 3s, as well as have decent passing ability. Shrewd types have high 3pt, Power Types do not. Shrewd however have low pass stat.​
    18. Do you gotta sprint all the time as a PG?
    • sir, when on defense, your finger should be on the shift button. when defending your mark that has the ball, tapping shift to catch up on certain moves they execute such as behind the back or backwards two step are necessary to be using sprint against. When blocking, shift should be pressed, because it makes your block much easier to occur
    • When helping out a person, or going for a steal, sprint button is your friend. HOWEVER, do not waste too much stamina. You gotta manage your stamina when playing defense, as well as offense. Stamina is a crucial thing that should be managed, so you won't leave your mark wide open because of your character walking, and you will have enough stamina to execute offensive strategies.
    19.How to baseball pass correctly to your scorer ?

When you baseball pass, You can:
    • A. Press no arrow keys to pass to the closest teammate
    • B. Pass to a farther teammate using either Up or Down if you are on the left or right side of the court, / and Right or Left if u are facing towards the rim and trying to pass. This is to specify where u want to pass to based off of your teammate's positions.
    20. What should my build be as a dash pg?

Read this post, it shows my builds for Dash PG and explanation as to why they are recommended, etc. - http://forums.gamekiss.com/forum/fre...-dash-pg-build

More questions answered in the FUTURE!
    Last edited by Valioa; 07-29-2017, 05:14 AM.

PG Types' Pros & Cons

Good sirs, the PG position in my opinion excels at all different types in their own way:

1. Power Type Pros & Cons: (AKA Kuroko and imo, an Underrated PG)

+ Highest base pass, block, tussle, short dunk attribute for a PG
    + Best Defense against shooters (and layup ppls) for a PG
    - Slower than other PGs, making it harder to keep up with faster PGs when defending them.
    - Lower Stamina, 3pt, and Long Layup Att. than other PGs

2. Balanced Type Pros & Cons: (Also Underrated PG)

+ Has the ability to balance out every stat, aka being all-around (speedy, good block, ok 3pt, some long layup, stamina, etc.)
    + Can defend both fast PGs, and Shooters/Layup ppls due to its well-rounded speed, and blocking atts.
    + Can excel towards being Power-Type, with a little Shrewd-like capabilities, and Vice versa.
    - Although it can have block and be fast and what not, it is not as good as a Power Type's Block, or a Shrewd Type's Speed.

3. Shrewd Type Pros & Cons: (AKA Scoring PG/Speedy Gonzales, Most OVERRATED PG EVA ( ' w ' ) / )

+ Highest base speed and stamina in the game.
    + Higher 3pt, long layup att. for a PG
    + Defends well against other PGs, and PF/C in a sense (being able to bump into them, and steal much easier)
    + Recommended for people who want to pursue the "Pass Fake" Offense, due to long layup and speed.
    - Cannot defend shots and layups as well as the other types due to low block stat.
    - Fact that it is overrated ;3
    - Pass stat is pretty bad, but hey, its a PG, Shrewd Types don't give an f about pass stat ^.^

Overall, every PG should have Steal attribute as their highest stat! Stealing & Passing is the PGs main role!!! ^.^
    It is your choice here, to follow the meta and go Shrewd, or break it and be Kuroko!!!! ;D This is FreeStyle 2 mang, the choice is yours.
    Last edited by Valioa; 04-23-2015, 05:39 AM.

Comment

PG Attribute Example(s) /Skill Build Example (EDITED since I am Shrewd Type now.)

I am a Shrewd Point Guard by the way, here are my stats that I main on:

Steal is the main stat here, with speed, stamina, and 3pt as your secondaries (of course this is just my opinion, feel free to tweak your stats around to what ever you see fit, THIS IS FREESTYLE

Another Example, my Power PG build

As for my skills that I enjoy using usually, depends on my playstyle (I will mention different skill builds in the playmaking section of the guide):

Direct Pass (insures that you pass to the correct teammate)

Baseball Pass (Cannot be intercepted, and used to pass from very far away)

Manual Layup (A scoring option, as well as a way to use jump pass more consistently)

Kill Pass (Clutch passes win games)

Sp Intercept (Increases range of intercept! OP)

Intercept (if used correctly, is the most deadly weapon on a PG)

Jump Pass (A good move to loosen up the Defense in the Paint, and set plays, Use with caution, some people tend to mess up the pass when used in the wrong angles i.e. jump passing to someone from across the court. You can use direct pass (Layup then Q/E) to jump pass to any person u wish, just be sure he is either behind you, or on the side, NOT ACROSS.)

Quick Jumper (Best back up scoring move for PGs. Use this whenever you are wide open.)

Alley Oop Pass (Underrated skill. If used correctly (aka not in the PF/Cs face, and have the receiver place himself close to the rim for a lightning fast short dunk alley), this move is quite useful.)

Sp Steal (Another awesome skill for PGs that sets them apart from other positions. This makes stealing a game changer.)

Sp 3pointer (Another Skill all PGs should have, Increases your 3pt success rate substantially.)

Sp Diving Catch (All PGs should have this!!!! This skill sets them apart from SG's Diving catch, making PGs dive farther, thus being the best recovery position in the game.)

Overpass Intercept (Same with Intercept, when mastered, this skill is one of the PGs best skills, although this is not entirely needed as much as intercept. A game changer nonetheless.)
      Last edited by Valioa; 02-01-2017, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Priority Spending!

Here is what you should be buying before anything else, in order from most important to less important:

1. Special Characters: (You get 40+ more training attributes, which is awesome! You do not really have to spend any money on an SPC, since you get a free buzzer beater coupon at level 50, but if you want other SPC like Goku or Billy, then by all means spend away! Here are the prices and benefits to each:

- Sexy <3, 168cm.
        You can get her free at lvl 50!
        The only female PG SPC atm.
        She might have some secret advantages to the other PGs, but who knows...

- It's ya boi! 167cm.
        You can get him free at lvl 50!
        Again, he might have some secret advantages like Clara, but that is just a myth...

- Cheapest SPC to buy at 1490 Gkash.
        Play as a Monkey!
        Shortest PG in the game at 150cm (making him the fastest overall).
        Has Pass stat +4, and Speed +4 as a bonus.

- Cost 1890 Gkash.
        Rich homie boi w/ a big neck! Kappa
        168cm like Clara.
        +4 3 Pointer & +4 Middle Shot Attribute!

Overall, I recommend just getting the special character you prefer the most. Don't follow the meta, just go your own way! ^.^

Skill Slots: (like 20$ for all 4 skill slots, and is very essential for higher level gameplay. I highly recommend buying Skill slots on a special character if you are on a budget and don't feel like spending money on a PG you won't play.)

Skill Slot Pic:

3. Rare Clothing: So yea, These cost like 9$ a piece, permanent, giving your character +10 attributes. I didn't really spend any money on rare clothes, because in Point ball (at least I hope they still are there), there are rare clothes that come with 7day +10 attributes. Unfortunately, they are quite rare sometimes, so you will just find yourself wasting points. Other than that, I just used 7k Points to buy +5 attributes. PLUS, Style over Stats anyday!

Point Ball Rare Clothes:

4. SP Edition Card Sets: The cost will vary, because you may either get mad lucky and get SP Edition Set first try (WHICH RARELYYY HAPPENSSS), or rage and donate to charity, getting 10 Magic cards at once, like Junior aka Lloyd LOL. But yea, Card balls cost 70 gkash each, which does not sound like much at first, however, the odds of getting sp set is quite rare. The reason to get SP card edition, is because of the +7 all training attributes. Although I do not have any SP Card Edition Sets, I would really want to have one.

5. Ceremony: UM, IF YOU WANNA PUSH SOMEONE ON THE FLOOR AND SHOOT THEM, OR DANCE LIKE MJ, OR SPIN THE BALL AROUND, OR DO SOME KIND OF GANGNAM DOGGY STYLE ON TOP OF YOUR TEAMMATE, By all means buy these ceremonies. They are very cheap, and are fun to mess around with xD.

ALSOOOOO.... almost forgot. THIS IS CRUCIAL... DONT FORGET TO PURCHASE THE DIRTY DANCE CEREMONY, WHICH COST 8800 points in the ceremony shop! This'll get you all da Claras...

6. VIP: Gives you the following benefits:

Only benefits are 1 extra skill slot, and the 50% exp/Points buff. This is pretty much the last thing you want to buy (cost 1490 Gkash for 30days)
        Last edited by Valioa; 05-15-2015, 05:16 AM.

Comment

PG Cards!

Although it is your choice for what cards you pick, here are some recommended attributes/stats that you should be aiming for:

Primary Stats: Steal, Stamina, 3pt, Middle Shot, Running Speed, Pass, Long Layup, Block

Secondary Stats: (Please let me know if I missed some stats)
          Dive Success -
          Increases the timing window of your dives. A must for PGs.
          Dive Fail Decrease - Increases the chance of the ball landing in your hands when diving.
          Move Speed - Makes your character move faster with/without the ball in hand, good for defense and offensive strats. I tested that each addition to move speed = 1 millisecond of speed
          Move Collision Angle - Increases the range in which you "bump" into opponents.
          Move Collision Resistance - Increases the chance of you not getting "bumped" by others.
          Steal Motion - Increases the speed and recovery in which you swipe/steal the ball.
          Long Layup Range - Increases the range of layups.
          Kick out/Entry pass speed/intercept resist - Pass speed/Decreases chance of intercept when passing Quick Jumper Activation Speed - Increases the speed of quick jumper.
          Stamina Max/Recovery - Increases max stamina/recovery rate.
          Face Up Speed - Makes your face up faster.
          3pt Success - Increases the chance of 3pt going in.
          3pt Success(No Mark) - Increases the chance of a 3pt going in when Wide Open aka No Mark appears. Mid Shot Success - Increases chances of Middle shot going in.
          Alley-Oop Fail decrease - Increases chance of alley-oop success
          Alley-Oop Range - Increases the range of Alley-oop (which is originally inside the arc).

For example, here are the cards I use the majority of the time:

Although the Post shot and Post up Quick change are useless, the rest of my stats are what most PGs should be going for!

As for SP Edition Card Decks, SP#4, SP#3, and SP#5 are best for PGs.

SP Edition #4 gives +7 Long Layup, +7 Steal, and +7 Steal again with random att. for secondary stats without upgrading! This is by far the best SP set for PGs hands down.

SP Edition #5 gives +7 3pt, +7 Running Speed, and 3pt+7 again!

SP Edition #3 gives +7 Middle Shot, +7 Stamina, and +7 Middle Shot again! In addition, an SP Edition card set gives you +7 stats for all of the attributes as well.

I Recently Got SP#1 EDITION:

Last edited by Valioa; 02-01-2017, 03:27 AM.

Comment

#6 - Reserved for PG Toys

Comment

PG Stealing Basics/Advanced Techniques

Okay, so I made a couple of videos regarding the ways to stealing:

Part 1 - Featuring Nuk, the Power Type Goku PG, known for his high blocking stat, and overall knowledge of PG in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5zt0qnwAU

Part 2 - Featuring Susan, my arch nemesis! ;O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaNRDH_lxZw

Besides those videos, HERE is an example video of an amazing FS2 Korea Version PG that has mastered stealing as well as the PG position itself (He is in the red jersey)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNc9f8F4Sis

AND FINALLY............ FACE-UP TIPS AND TRICKS~

http://forums.gamekiss.com/forum/fre...s-tricks-video

UPDATE!!!!!

Okay, so I will disclose some more information about stealing, featuring some Korean FS2 tutorials! They taught me a lot, so I will bestow them upon you guys! ^.^ (PS: I recently found these videos, 2Four, the Tournament Champion allowed me to disclose them, and showed me the videos in the first place.)

1. Stealing the moment people receive the ball! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c59PjvJ-OTQ&app=desktop

2. Bumping & then Stealing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aptF2QekY_E

3. Intercepting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGDsaYSKZSM

4. Blocking Floater as a PG! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBNMxpnMiM4

5. Forcing Ball Switches Vs Iso and Dash PGs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv2gCNrde1M

I Recently made an explanation of these stealing methods, showcasing the videos and commentating on them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHC9yDE55Bc

I also made this Guide on Ball handling techniques: http://forums.gamekiss.com/forum/fre...ques-with-gifs

The reason I disclose this information is to make all the PGs that read this guide ultimately a better PG.
              Last edited by Valioa; 07-25-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

PG Playmaking / Setting plays

Types of Plays (just little info for now, then some video footage on each)

Iso - (Video Coming Soon!)

One player pretty much 1v1's their defender, using layups, jump shots, 3s, etc. to score. If the Iso scorer is being double teamed, he or she needs to pass (kill pass is great in this situation) for the open 3 or middle shot that their teammate is hopefully ready for.

Pillar - (Video Coming Soon!)

Has to have at least one PF/C as the screener. Basically the PF/C screens for their scorer between the free throw line and the basket (or diagonally), and the scorer moves around the screen, disorientating their defense with fades, layups, double clutches, floaters, euro step, dunks, backwards two step, etc. The PF/C must be ready for the rebounds cause the scorer may miss or get blocked from time to time. The PG's job is to make sure to baseball pass correctly to the scorer and being far away from him and the big man, scoring wide open jumpshots and 3s when the Scorer or PF/C pass, and to disorientate the defense by driving in at times for a layup, or pretending to do so and passing to the possibly open Scorer.

Here is an example skill build for it(PG):

Pass fake is less important here, but it adds a better scoring method for disorientation.

Here is a video regarding Pillar Playstyles (SF/C Pillar, and PF/C Pillar in one Match!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHf...ature=youtu.be

Dash - (Video Coming Soon!)
                A play where the PG is the real mastermind, in which he tries his best to drive in to the paint area or confuse their defender by pretending to do so, going for a middle shot, or 3pt, AND also waiting for their SG/SF to away screen dash, which is done when the PF/C screens.

"PG does 80% of the work, 10% to the SG/SF and PF/C" (Said by ProjectAway, a professional Dash player)

The PF/C should screen in the area that is to the bottom right or left side of the free throw line (next to the 3pt area, but between that and the free throw line)

The SG/SFs job is to disorientate their defender by moving around in unpredictable ways, and can dash in these 4 ways:

1. Diagonally to the corner 3pt area (top right/left) - used to get their PF/C open, or free 3pt/Middle

2. Short Dash or dashing diagonally to the bottom left/right - used to get a possible free 3/mid if your defense is too much inside of the court, behind the screen.

3.Dashing to the right side when on left side of the court, and vice versa - Used to drive the defense towards the SG/SF, possibly leaving the PG open, or the PF/C

4. Dashing Diagonally to the middle of the 3pt line area - Used to get the PG or PF/C open if double teamed as the SG/SF. If not, free 3/Middle for them if the defender read them wrong.

Here is a Skill build example for it:

Just pretty much double clutch instead of dive pass, with Pass fake as being more important enough to have without VIP.

Bottom Line: PG has the hardest job (passing, driving in the paint as fast as possible, shooting wides, layups, 3pt, etc.

MORE INFO TO COME
                Last edited by Valioa; 07-18-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Can't Wait. Thank You. ^^

Comment

Hey there, beautiful guide so far Valioa! I was just curious as to if there is a "best character" for the PG position, or if it's more personal preference. I plan on spending some money to buy a character just wanted to know if there is a specific one I should buy. Thanks!

Comment

• Valioa
                      Valioa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will update the guide after I get out of school today sir ^.^

Thanks for not giving me credit even tho i helped you lay it out QQ.

Comment

• Valioa
                      Valioa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      its ok I shout you out sir! ;3

So far, so good. *waits for guide to be updated*

Comment

I'm really not a fan of the "scoring point guard" and "true point guard" labels. If you have PG by your name then your label is "point guard", and that's not necessarily "pass-all guard". The point is to create a team strategy or plan to score/find mismatch and outplay your opponents to win. It doesn't matter how it's done. If a team can't stop me from scoring 1v3 and I have no need to pass the ball, then you better believe the very next play I'm attacking my defender again and again until something's done about it. At the end of the day that's basketball, if a team can't stop me from PG staying in front with 2 help defenders behind (or simply switching PF on me) then I will run it down their throats all game long. That's my strategy, and I will win tournaments with it.

That being said PGs really aren't meant to iso or score at all outside of wide open looks. My iso is by no means a good example for the up and coming PGs out there, I am different. PGs should be built strictly for defense (which I am also), there is no need to raise offensive stats and consider yourself a scoring point guard (99% of those will be completely shut down in this game, the other 1% are me, CJ, and AkashiZONE and it takes a designed iso with high team chemistry, while still playing D as a PG is intended to, against the top teams). With sp mid already equipped and sp 3 later on, every PG in this game will hit the shots they need to.

The reason I can score while still beating the best teams and other PGs can't is because I play smart, I'm a two way PG, and I layup from the 3 point line.

Comment

• Valioa
                        Valioa commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Understandable, I see your point xD

Looking like a good guide by the way.

Comment

clothing attributes?

Comment

• Valioa
                          Valioa commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hmm... For shirts, either long layup, 3pt or mid

Pants, go for steal, pass, or block (based off your preferences pretty much

As for shoes, again Speed and Stamina are best choices here, your preference overall.
                      Working...
                      X