X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Axeraer View Post
    Which one of these cards should i use

I would prefer the move speed / face up speed cause its not random/luck like intercept range is.m

But its ultimately up to u, they are both good stats

Comment

• This is actually a really nice guide, alot of pgs need to see this

Comment

• Im thinking about adding the latest SPCs to my guide soon guys, stay tuned! ^_^

Comment

• Yo Val really helpful guide man, just wanted to ask because my main is SW and im ya know playing PG now, which is kinda difficult changing roles and stuff but so far so good, im getting quite the hang of intercept timing , steals etc. The thing is for a shrewd PG im really having trouble with the baseball pass, im not sure if I just dont know the right timing or the bar is just so small.
          Im a Billy PG with 181 pass so pretty much avg I would say. So my question is if lets say I get a pass attrib of 220-230 and I change to power type, im sure baseball pass bar would be bigger but you reckon itll be a decent size? if so can you have a screenshot of it as I'm really not sure if im gonna change to power type just for baseball pass. And I heard that power type PGs have different bars on the baseball meter or so? is this true? thanks in advance and keep up the good work will all these guides really helpful man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earpaj View Post
            Yo Val really helpful guide man, just wanted to ask because my main is SW and im ya know playing PG now, which is kinda difficult changing roles and stuff but so far so good, im getting quite the hang of intercept timing , steals etc. The thing is for a shrewd PG im really having trouble with the baseball pass, im not sure if I just dont know the right timing or the bar is just so small.
            Im a Billy PG with 181 pass so pretty much avg I would say. So my question is if lets say I get a pass attrib of 220-230 and I change to power type, im sure baseball pass bar would be bigger but you reckon itll be a decent size? if so can you have a screenshot of it as I'm really not sure if im gonna change to power type just for baseball pass. And I heard that power type PGs have different bars on the baseball meter or so? is this true? thanks in advance and keep up the good work will all these guides really helpful man.

Master baseball pass with the tiny bar.

Just gotta practice man.

I can do baseball pass without the bar 56 times in a row with 175 pass or whatever the base pass is for shrewd PGs...

Here are some ways to practice:

1. Get a friend or play against AI in free match, and constantly baseball pass to them, mastering the timing.

2. Go to non stop pass tutorial mode, and do baseball pass without the bar, gaining muscle memory for baseball pass.

Now.... Here is a way to get the timing every time.

You can either:

A. look at the legs

B. Look at the extension of the arm

When the arm is completely extended... that is when you should release.

When the leg starts to reach its peak of height off the ground and starts to fall, that is when you should let go.

ALSO, keep in mind that males and female have different timings to baseball pass ( Males is faster timing than female)

Figure out the timing and gain muscle memory for it, and sure enough, even you can master baseball pass like I did.

here is some matches where I used baseball pass countless times with a shrewd PG:

ANDDDDDDDDD, on my FAQ, it talks about how to control where you pass with baseball pass:

19.How to baseball pass correctly to your scorer ?

When you baseball pass, You can:
            • A. Press no arrow keys to pass to the closest teammate
            • B. Pass to a farther teammate using either Up or Down if you are on the left or right side of the court, / and Right or Left if u are facing towards the rim and trying to pass. This is to specify where u want to pass to based off of your teammate's positions.
            and finally, check out this demonstration of how to practice baseball pass featuring larson, a legend in FS2 in the old NA era:

BONUS: DBLL himself also did a baseball pass challenge with 180 pass stat, and he doesnt even baseball as much as I do.

Last edited by Valioa; 04-22-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valioa View Post

Master baseball pass with the tiny bar.

Just gotta practice man.

I can do baseball pass without the bar 56 times with 175 pass or whatever the base pass is for shrewd PGs...

Here are some ways to practice:

1. Get a friend or play against AI in free match, and constantly baseball pass to them, mastering the timing.

2. Go to non stop pass tutorial mode, and do baseball pass without the bar, gaining muscle memory for baseball pass.

Now.... Here is a way to get the timing every time.

You can either:

A. look at the legs

B. Look at the extension of the arm

When the arm is completely extended... that is when you should release.

When the leg starts to reach its peak of height off the ground and starts to fall, that is when you should let go.

ALSO, keep in mind that males and female have different timings to baseball pass ( Males is faster timing than female)

Figure out the timing and gain muscle memory for it, and sure enough, even you can master baseball pass like I did.

here is some matches where I used baseball pass countless times with a shrewd PG:

ANDDDDDDDDD, on my FAQ, it talks about how to control where you pass with baseball pass:

19.How to baseball pass correctly to your scorer ?

When you baseball pass, You can:
              • A. Press no arrow keys to pass to the closest teammate
              • B. Pass to a farther teammate using either Up or Down if you are on the left or right side of the court, / and Right or Left if u are facing towards the rim and trying to pass. This is to specify where u want to pass to based off of your teammate's positions.
              and finally, check out this demonstration of how to practice baseball pass featuring larson, a legend in FS2 in the old NA era:

Yeah man youre right aye, well I better start practicing then because baseball pass is really useful and all that. If we actually pay attention to the way the line goes up the baseball pass meter its not fast nor slow so yeah I reckon its all about getting the right timing. Watch some of the vids, baseball pass really is helpful for pillar playstyle I see, most of my mates couldnt master it and just decided they'd go without it and focus more on being a shrewd scoring PG (ya know mid iso shit). Anyway thanks man ill keep practicing and keep what you said in mind aye. Cheers.

The Larson Baseball Pass practice on non stop I wouldnt say is bad but maybe just not my thing maybe because I rely on bar too much, means this practice might actually help me conquer that weakness. Although in AI I've done baseball pass heaps of times haha but in normal matches still have heaps of screwing up and stuff probably because of the pressure but I guess I'll get used to it aye as everyone makes mistakes, Thanks again bud.
              Last edited by Earpaj; 04-22-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earpaj View Post

Yeah man youre right aye, well I better start practicing then because baseball pass is really useful and all that. If we actually pay attention to the way the line goes up the baseball pass meter its not fast nor slow so yeah I reckon its all about getting the right timing. Watch some of the vids, baseball pass really is helpful for pillar playstyle I see, most of my mates couldnt master it and just decided they'd go without it and focus more on being a shrewd scoring PG (ya know mid iso shit). Anyway thanks man ill keep practicing and keep what you said in mind aye. Cheers.

No problem ^_^ I woke up outta nowhere by the way LOL,

Comment

• Originally posted by Valioa View Post

No problem ^_^ I woke up outta nowhere by the way LOL,
                  My bad then bro haha, "player mod leader" standing up for its name I see XD

Laters man, TY for the help.

Comment

• Hey Val, thanks for the guide. I actually just leveled my PG to 12, then made a DG as my main, but this guide was still really useful and I don't know how I'd manage without!

I decided to go for a bit more scoring DG I guess and put a lot of stats into my 3pt.

Here are my cards:
                    http://i.imgur.com/4YGbUy9.png
                    My next goal here is to change my Talent card or at least try to reroll the bonus stats it has.

Here are my stats at level 40
                    http://i.imgur.com/BszqD2r.png
                    Shirt is +3pt, Shoes are +Speed. Pants are +0 yet, but I plan to make them +steal soon.

I have the attribute.reset and speciality reset tokens. I'm planing on using them since I realized I'm having quite a problem in defense. Lately I started to stop giving people wide shots and I can mark them even after their dribbles, but I cant seem to get any blocks off. Do I need to invest more into block/steal and would changing my speciality to "Balanced" help me with this problem in a noticeable way? (edit: ATM I'm shrewd)

PS: Atm I'm using skills:
                    • Direct Pass 1
                    • Rolling Dive Catch 1
                    • Alley-oop Pass 1
                    • Jump Pass 3
                    • Kill Pass 3
                    • Drive Fake 3
                    • Non Stop Pass 1
                    • Manual Layup 3
                    • Intercept 3
                    • SP Intercept 2
                    • SP Steal 3
                    • SP Diving Catch 2

Are any of these useless or am I missing anything crucial?

I feel like my intercept is so much worse than PG's, but I dont know if thats just my feeling, cuz I'm bad but I'm not sure it's worth having 2 skills into it. Atm my gameplay is mostly that of a pass 1st DG, but I like shooting 3pters and most of all I like pulling defense on me so I can make great setups for my teammates. If I'm not a threat myself I can't really do plays like that.

Edit 2: I've tried playing with Quick Jumper, but I can't use it reliably, I often get a shot in the low red shoot gauge or it even makes my intended fake into a quick jumper that then often gets blocked. But most of the time I just fail at procing it, even when I have full intention of doing so and even expecting the pass. (I can do it with 100% repeat rate in quick jumper training, but real game is much harder). Is this something I should really learn how to use for my gamestyle?

Also I'll probably end up with 2 different item/skill sets in the end and use whatever I need depending on my role in the team. I want this char to be very versatile that can fill any non-rebounding need the team is lacking.

Any comment/remark about my build or answer to any of the specific questions would be very welcome. Thanks again!
                    Last edited by cuuzi; 04-23-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cuuzi View Post
                      Hey Val, thanks for the guide. I actually just leveled my PG to 12, then made a DG as my main, but this guide was still really useful and I don't know how I'd manage without!
                      No problem man.

Originally posted by cuuzi View Post
                      I decided to go for a bit more scoring DG I guess and put a lot of stats into my 3pt.

Here are my cards:
                      http://i.imgur.com/4YGbUy9.png
                      My next goal here is to change my Talent card or at least try to reroll the bonus stats it has.

Here are my stats at level 40
                      http://i.imgur.com/BszqD2r.png
                      Shirt is +3pt, Shoes are +Speed. Pants are +0 yet, but I plan to make them +steal soon.

I have the attribute.reset and speciality reset tokens. I'm planing on using them since I realized I'm having quite a problem in defense. Lately I started to stop giving people wide shots and I can mark them even after their dribbles, but I cant seem to get any blocks off. Do I need to invest more into block/steal and would changing my speciality to "Balanced" help me with this problem in a noticeable way? (edit: ATM I'm shrewd)
                      understandable about going for scoring DG, thats fine. For cards, i recommend sub.att changing / rerolling the offense and talent cards, they are not the best stats u can get, if you have that kinda money... if you don't thats fine. As for stats, i recommend reducing the 3pt att. on the training section, since you have 3pt top to compensate. Add some mid / long layup to your training instead. DG's have the worst defense out there, but thats alright, make up for that in defensive training, aka marking, stealing, blocking practice with your friends or within a real match. For your pants, steal or block thats up to you ultimately. If you want to be more defense, then go right ahead and be balanced type for that extra defensive boost, but slightly less scoring ability.

Originally posted by cuuzi View Post
                      PS: Atm I'm using skills:
                      • Direct Pass 1
                      • Rolling Dive Catch 1
                      • Alley-oop Pass 1
                      • Jump Pass 3
                      • Kill Pass 3
                      • Drive Fake 3
                      • Non Stop Pass 1
                      • Manual Layup 3
                      • Intercept 3
                      • SP Intercept 2
                      • SP Steal 3
                      • SP Diving Catch 2

Are any of these useless or am I missing anything crucial?

I feel like my intercept is so much worse than PG's, but I dont know if thats just my feeling, cuz I'm bad but I'm not sure it's worth having 2 skills into it. Atm my gameplay is mostly that of a pass 1st DG, but I like shooting 3pters and most of all I like pulling defense on me so I can make great setups for my teammates. If I'm not a threat myself I can't really do plays like that.

Edit 2: I've tried playing with Quick Jumper, but I can't use it reliably, I often get a shot in the low red shoot gauge or it even makes my intended fake into a quick jumper that then often gets blocked. But most of the time I just fail at procing it, even when I have full intention of doing so and even expecting the pass. (I can do it with 100% repeat rate in quick jumper training, but real game is much harder). Is this something I should really learn how to use for my gamestyle?

Also I'll probably end up with 2 different item/skill sets in the end and use whatever I need depending on my role in the team. I want this char to be very versatile that can fill any non-rebounding need the team is lacking.

Any comment/remark about my build or answer to any of the specific questions would be very welcome. Thanks again!

Let me slowlyyyyyy provide my insight on your skills:

Non stop for a scorer is not really needed imo, well unless you are playing dash or something that involves you dashing somewhere, attracting the defenders that are on your teammate.

Alley oop is a great option and is very similar to non stop pass, where you can simply tell your teammate to alley when hes wide open in the paint after the defense double teams you. you can also combo this with Floater and jump passing to create a swing play.

I recommend adding Jump Shoot & Pass to your arsenal, with Quick Jumper. these are nice techniques to create mind games, and give you that open fast shot when needed.

I Will let you in on something: Intercept and SP intercept is not needed for a DG imo... they do not have great intercepting skills in general due to their SP intercept being lower than PG, and steal stat as well. Having high steal stat increases intercept success rate, and since you have low steal, its kinda useless in a sense. If you really are set on being a scoring DG, intercept is not needed, but again that's totally up to you to use it, I see some SFs and SGs use intercept if they have open slots.

Get some Double Clutch, useful in some cases, and Pass Fake as well, good layup scoring option, giving you the ability to do a fast layup when in a pinch. Combo that with double clutch, and you have yourself a tough move to stop.

SP diving catch.... hmm.... You don't NEED it, but its useful in some cases of course. up to you on that one if you want to keep or drop it.

Pull up jumper is okay in some situations, another skill thats up to you to use.

Behind the Back is great scoring option as well, but not needed.

The other skills that I didn't call you out on are all great!

Hope my insight helped.

#CreateTheFuture
                      #InPieWeTrust

Comment

• Thanks again, this was really helpful!

Last question based on
                        Pull up jumper is okay in some situations, another skill thats up to you to use.
                        also have The Witch (Offense) Card in my possesion. If I equip that I get the set bonus, Pull Up Jumper, same level as I can buy in skillshop. Should I just go for that then? (I really like the big bonus on 3pt though)

Edit: I've already tried using this set, but didn't find much use from the skill gained. Maybe I just didn't even know when I'm using it well. It's that faster animation shot you can do after the dribble right? The shots didn't get blocked but I was missing those a lot when I was trying out this set bonus.
                        Last edited by cuuzi; 04-23-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cuuzi View Post
                          Thanks again, this was really helpful!

Last question based on

also have The Witch (Offense) Card in my possesion. If I equip that I get the set bonus, Pull Up Jumper, same level as I can buy in skillshop. Should I just go for that then? (I really like the big bonus on 3pt though)

Edit: I've already tried using this set, but didn't find much use from the skill gained. Maybe I just didn't even know when I'm using it well. It's that faster animation shot you can do after the dribble right? The shots didn't get blocked but I was missing those a lot when I was trying out this set bonus.

yes pull up jumper activates with shoot button while driving. It does miss sometimes, especially on DG since you don't have high mid shot focus.

you don't need pull up jumper all that much, so don't go through the trouble of equipping it honestly.

Comment

• updated pg stealing advanced stealing techniques (forcing ball switches for steals)

Comment

• Hello there, my gameplay improved by ur guide ^^ thanks man

i have some question, i still dont understand what is dash play and what is the purpose why many people want PG play dash but not SF/SG. is that mean PG is the main scorer? i read your short guide about dash play but still dont understand, can you give more info about this kind of play?
                              Last edited by khalizan81; 07-30-2017, 04:30 AM. Reason: accidentally posted xD

Comment

• Originally posted by khalizan81 View Post
                                Hello there, my gameplay improved by ur guide ^^ thanks man

i have some question, i still dont understand what is dash play and what is the purpose why many people want PG play dash but not SF/SG. is that mean PG is the main scorer? i read your short guide about dash play but still dont understand, can you give more info about this kind of play?
                                Yeah sure, here is my insight on how dash play is done:

In dash play, the PG is the one with the ball the majority of the time, protecting it from the defense. The PG is stationed to the opposite side of the Dasher and Bigman.

The PG has 2 other jobs, and that is to Pass the ball to the dashing SG/SF/DG/SW when they activate their dash skill, or are wide open, passing in an open pass lane of course, and to Score IF, and only if you are ahead in points and wide if you feel like doing so, OR, if you are wide for a middle shot, 3pt, or layup after the SG passes to you, or if the shot clock is running out. THE PG IS NOT THE MAIN SCORER. HE IS THE BALL facilitator, or passer in this case that makes the offense smooth. The PG also has pass routes, similar to how the SG dashes as well, but you will have to talk to me privately about that, I promised a friend.

The Dasher's job, is to utilize or use the bigman's screens, dashing away from his defense, creating confusion, getting open, and creating mismatches on the defense (such as the bigman on the other team running to help his teammate after he has been screened or is far away from the dasher, creating an opportunity of a mismatch, with the Dasher either passing the ball to his bigman, or trying to score against the enemy bigman by pumping, fade awaying, driving, etc. The Dasher has many different routes as well, which I can explain to you in more detail if you PM me on discord ( I will give you details about that later in this post). If the dasher doesn't get a good dash off and the PG passes to them, the dasher can either try to score with backroll or drive/cross his opponent for a free middle shot, or they could simply pass back to their PG for a redo on the dash play once more.

The Bigman's job, is to wait for the Dasher to get near him, then carefully watching the defense to execute a well calculated screen for the dasher to use at his/her leisure. The main place where the bigman screens is to the bottom left/right corner of the free throw line, HOWEVER, the bigman can stretch out the screen area at his or her own discretion. if the bigman has body check skill, he can move in a certain direction to make his body check width longer in that particular direction ( such as if he moved down, his body would be able to body check farther to the left and right, making his screens better for a particular dash that the dasher executes.) The bigman 2nd job is to get open whenever there is a mismatch with pick and move, pass the ball back to the PG or whoever is open from confusion, and of course, get the rebounds off the missed shots. Rebounding is very important in this playstyle, because theres gonna be misses, and if the Big can't get the rebounds, then it will be troublesome.

If you need more information on dash play, like some tips and tricks, and strategies, let me know on discord:

Discord Username: Valioa Justice#4243

Main Discord Group: A Pie Nation - https://discord.gg/HPXtJ9J

Comment

Working...
                                X