SW: how do I throw off PF defenders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW: how do I throw off PF defenders?

As SW, teams of multiple bigs give me the most trouble. How do I score without getting blocked? Anything I try, sidestep, bunny hop, pullup is getting blocked if a PF with big block is on me, and attacking the basket usually is not an option since 1 big jumps first while other waits for DC

firstly, it'll be good to know your level to know your limitations; you dont get parameter moves until later half of the levels.
    secondly, if you are indeed limited on parameter scoring threat, basket would be the only option and only way to make this work would be to iso or at least have your big clear the paint.
    for this, its important your big knows to clear out of the paint and can score long 2 or better, a 3.

simply put, low level sw needs the help of your teammates to either let you iso or pass back and move around maintain distance so that passes would be enough to make the defense react and create space for you to attack the basket.

high level sw, you're an iso god shouldnt have problem scoring as iso; get near layup range: if they back up, jumper, if they guard close, lay up. if they got help at paint, pass to open player.

Comment

Originally posted by JipMoops View Post
      As SW, teams of multiple bigs give me the most trouble. How do I score without getting blocked? Anything I try, sidestep, bunny hop, pullup is getting blocked if a PF with big block is on me, and attacking the basket usually is not an option since 1 big jumps first while other waits for DC
      Playing PILLAR might help you quite a bit. Especially if you practice and learn more about it outside of games (watching replays, talking to people about it, watching tourney crews run it, playing with people who are experienced with the play, etc) while continuing to use it in game. I see PILLAR as one of the best ways to get away from/avoid your enemy 😄. Learning effective SKILL BUILDS (not your actual skill but what skills you choose to use in game ex. hop step) will help you in order to make the best use of your pillar. GL in your future games, and be sure to ask any follow up questions if you have any.(I hope this could be of help) 😉
      Last edited by Okonomiyaki; 07-05-2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

gives bunch of fake 3s, spam A a a AWS/ AWD,etc and mixed it up with turn arround fade away or long layup (check StyleZ from NA / GodxDefense from Asia)

Comment

lol stylez thought he quit ages ago

Comment

Just slam it in and you probably win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGgEdG8pZI

Comment

Working...
            X