How to Play SG effectively?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Play SG effectively?

I'm new to this game and I tried all the positions and I like SG the best. Right now I am playing it mostly by taking advantage of their high long lay up stat, with a rare 3. For some reason, I can't make any face shots even if I hit green on the bar? However I tried SF and I can fake like 3 times and shoot face without even filling the bar. I am wondering how to play more effectively and also what should I put my stat points in? Right now I am putting in 3pt, Long Layup and Speed

You just gotta suck it up until high levels because right now SFs are superior. Put all stats into speed and nothing else so that you can outrun your defender with a screen/turnover/fake. Learn to use the backdribble and quickshot. Don't worry too much about green bar at times worry more about getting the shot off before the get shot interference. SGs have a passive +38 or 40+ 3pts starting off so don't add too much to 3pt

Comment

LARSON WHERE U AT?! Time to rewrite your classic SG guide.

Comment

My SG is my lowest character now, I haven't mastered the art of skill yet.

Comment

fadeaway double spin 3 pointer while yelling kobe. Im lvl 22 i have mid point score passive, i can fake drive and 100% score rate

Comment

AIGHT I GOTCHU IMMA MAKE AN SG GUIDE FIRST BEFORE LARSON

Comment

SG needs a team that knows what they're doing.

For starters you should try and run a comp where you're the 2nd scorer (something like C SF SG / PF SF SG), starting with a PG might come a little difficult to you since most PGs won't shoot the ball or create pressure enough for you to actually get some shoots off (or just find a C and a PG that will screen and make enough pressure around the field so you can actually be useful).
              This way you'll go off as "the support shooter" and it'll happen a lot that the people are too focused on the SF and you'll be able to get a couple of surprise shoots in.

Do not be afraid to shoot 2s, seriously, it kinda makes me mad when I'm on my PG and I see SGs that simply don't want to walk through the 3pt line. Your middle shoot stat is not bad at all and you can perform as most as good as SFs shooting 2s however you should pressure for 3s most of the times, since that's what you excel at.

At early levels try to only shoot 3s when you're open (unless you have a C or a PF that you know have a good chance at rebounding the ball), try pump faking, pass to your team-mate and get the ball again for a free 3. Or just get the ball and immediatly pump fake and drible past them to make a 2 or a 3.

What I also really like to do is when I have a C or PF that I trust or I see that their team has a low chance of making a 3 on the jump ball (they have an SF or a PF), I like, to as soon as the game starts and you see your team mate jumping dash to one of the corners of the field, in early levels it'll surprise a lot of people and you'll get a free 3 off if your jumper passes the ball to you.

For stats, I've been putting most of my points into 3pt and a couple into speed whenever I feel like it but like the guy above said it's probably a better idea if you just start by maxing speed since we do get a lot of early 3pt buffing.

EDIT: I just remembered something else, Quick Jumper is REALLY REALLY useful, master it, being able to shoot the ball as soon as you get it will get you a lot of points.
              Last edited by Quark; 06-16-2014, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Learn the art of A.

Comment

Don't run the Lakers play, just do the Kobe Fadeway.

Comment

Use your mid-range shot to set up 3s. Not enough SGs do this.

Comment

Working...
                    X